Radio update help

creeblue2

Reaction score
Hello all, i recently bought a Incredible and rooted it using unrevoked 3.0. After rooting i used unrevoked forever to turn the s-off. I've been trying to update the baseband to the 2.X version. Currently i have 1.00.03.04.06. I've been following these instructions (link below). Hboot does not recognize any images, and when attempting to install the zip in clockwork nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ROM]*07/27 Leaked OTA* Stock 2.2 with Sense [SOME BUGS!!] - xda-developers

OP
C

creeblue2

Reaction score

Ok i've tried this many times. I've put the renamed file at the root of my SD. and i load into Hboot by holding the power and volume down button. After i load into hboot it says it does not read any images and i just sit on the screen with it giving my information and Fastboot Recovery Clear Storage Simlock. Should i try placing the file on the Phones hard drive? However I'm running CM6 now, and only the Sd card shows up on my computer. Thanks for your help so far doug.

EDIT: so i have tried placing the file on both the SD and the phone and neither seems to work. It just sits in Hboot.

Last edited:

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Make sure your SD is formatted to fat32.

OP
C

creeblue2

Reaction score

I'm using a mac. When I go into to disk utility it says it is formatted as Ms-DOS (FAT). Thats the only option with FAT in it. If that isn't fat 32, then i'm not sure what to do.

EDIT: I'm an idiot the SD card was formatted for fat 16 not 32. After reformatting the update happened without a problem ugg Thanks so much for your help Doug. On another note is there a Rom you would suggest over another? Coming from the droid i'm used to many options but on the DINC ive noticed only 2 or 3 roms to use.

Last edited:

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad it worked for you... As for roms, depends on what you like. The new CM6 rc1 is out and very solid. It has the new .32 kernel in it now so cam and camcorder works. If you like sense the is the 8/1/10 leak available to use.

Cammo

Reaction score

Great call!

Two dancing Droids for you!

dancedroid dancedroid

Awe, what the heck...have a banana too!

:icon_ banana:

I need to do this...Soon!

Update...Now I'm confused, I just read this quote from Jkhonea in another thread: "You're definitely using the 2.0x radio and not 2.15? I have heard of issues with 2.15 radio and the 2.1 system files"

Any comments?

Last edited:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Great call!

Two dancing Droids for you!

dancedroid dancedroid

Awe, what the heck...have a banana too!

:icon_ banana:

I need to do this...Soon!

Update...Now I'm confused, I just read this quote from Jkhonea in another thread: "You're definitely using the 2.0x radio and not 2.15? I have heard of issues with 2.15 radio and the 2.1 system files"

Any comments?

Radio 2.05 plays just fine with the 2.1 OS. There has been some mention that there might be some issues with the 2.15 radio not playing nice with 2.1, but I'm not positive on that. I did the nonroot 2.05 radio, then rooted and went to the Skyraider 2.5.2 Froyo 2.2 ROM. If I go back to 2.1 for whatever reason, it's going to be best to reel the radio back to at least 2.05.

I might have understood wrong about the 2.15 radio and 2.1 issue. Not positive though.

Danariel

Reaction score
I'm currently using the 2.15 radio with 2.1 (I'm rooted, but not using any ROMs yet.) Having some FCs with both LauncherPro and Sense. Think this might be the reason?

descatel

Reaction score
Radio Update Question

I tried to do a 2.x radio update for my incredible and once i finished doing the recovery my phone completely died on me. Some instructions someone had left said to download and run "enrevoked 3". Im a bit confused on what i need to do at this point. I could really use some help!

randys

Reaction score
which file should I use if I do not have s-off?

I am rooted, and have skydiver 2.5.2.
Do I need s-off?

mikeruschman010

Reaction score
radio update!!!

just need a little help updating the radio . i did all the things the instructions said to do . but when i go to update the zip in the recovery mode it gives me this message e:cant open/cache/recovery/command . what do i need to do to fix this so i can update to the new radio and get the froyo update.