Radio Shack Liar???

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
So I went in to Radio Shack in the mall the day that the Razr was released. The employee came up and wanted to get me to buy it, so I said the unthinkable and told him "I'm not a big fan". Then he asked what phone I have and I told him the Bionic. Then he told me that I must have gotten lucky to get one that works cause they are all pulled off the shelves due to too many problems.

I remember the buzz about something similar to this a few weeks back and was under the impression that was because of stocking issues. The whole thing still seems so odd to me though cause the Bionic is the effing shiz. Any other thoughts or ideas on what the heck this fellow was saying? It kind of annoyed me because I think he just wanted his paycheck out of the deal......

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Radio Shack did pull the Bionic and labeled it as unsellable, this guy was probably misinformed, not a liar

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Radio Shack did pull the Bionic and labeled it as unsellable, this guy was probably misinformed, not a liar

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Can you remind me why they pulled it? It never really made sense to me. I'm not concerned cause I love my Bionic regardless. But just for the sake of conversation and learning.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
There has never been an official statement as to why RS pulled the Bionic.
Those in the know have implied it's due to VZW being upset at the $100 instant rebate taking more than expected sales away from VZW Direct

Heywood

Reaction score
Radio Shack...."You have questions, we have blank stares"

mikeinctown

Reaction score
For a time the Shack was selling the Bionic for $199 while VZW was selling it for $299. Was kinda hoping they would run sales like that with the newest phones.

OP
LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I just get frustrated by salesmen who try to make you look or feel stupid just to make a buck. I didn't want to accuse him of lying, but I do want to accuse him of embellishing the truth and being deceptive. Word choice while making a sale can certainly be borderline dishonest at times and what he was doing was not total honesty.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
theres a difference between lying and just no knowing what the hell one is talking about.
I would venture to guess this particular associate falls into the latter group.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I like to keep my Radio Shack purchases to batteries only.
And I would tend to agree that the guy probably wasn't a liar.
A skilled liar would have better employment opportunities, unless it was the manager.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

dlo-htown

Reaction score
How is it a lie if that is exactly what Radio Shack did? They pulled the Bionic off the shelves.

He may be misinformed as to the reason, but that may be what he was told.

Radio Shack pulled the Bionics off the shelves, calling them "unsellable". Not a lie.

OP
LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
How is it a lie if that is exactly what Radio Shack did? They pulled the Bionic off the shelves.

He may be misinformed as to the reason, but that may be what he was told.

Radio Shack pulled the Bionics off the shelves, calling them "unsellable". Not a lie.

You got lost somewhere between the title of the thread and when you posted. The employee never said it was "unsellable" he said it had too many problems. I agree with you, if he simply said "unsellable" then yes, he would be truthful. Saying it had too many problems, was borderline misleading.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
You got lost somewhere between the title of the thread and when you posted. The employee never said it was "unsellable" he said it had too many problems. I agree with you, if he simply said "unsellable" then yes, he would be truthful. Saying it had too many problems, was borderline misleading.

No, not lost... just maybe not clear enough.

Radio Shack did pull the Bionics off the shelf. That part is not a lie.

The employee stated a reason for RS pulling them off the shelf (and also probably assumed other retailers pulled the Bionics off the shelf, but that has no relevance), which if that's the reason he was 'told', then again, it wouldn't really be a lie on his part.

But, of course, since no one except Radio Shack execs knows the true reason why Radio Shack pulled the Bionics off the shelf, only rumor and guessing, you cannot say decisively the "too many problems" reason is a lie.