Radio problems with 4.2.2

amajamar

Reaction score
I have noticed that my 4G connections are not as strong as they were before the 4.2.2 update. Is there a way to flash back the old 4G baseband and if so where can I find it? I am rooted on stock 4.2.2 Verizon.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks in advance!

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
Signal strength for me has been similar for me, in actual dBm that is. 4.2 changed how signal is reported. Meaning 3 bars in 4.2 =/= to 3 bars in 4.1 .

You can flash the old radios if you want. [Radios][VZW] All Radios in Flashable Zip [updated 28 Mar 2013] - Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki

Are you saying that you notice that the signal or connection is the same, or worse? Mine seems worse. Thanks for the link. Was the last official Verizon stock rom JRO030? 4.1.1, right?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I started dropping connection with new radios where my signal bars would completely disappear and would take a minute to require. Flashed older radios and back in business.

yoon0321

Reaction score
uhh i got similar problems

Signal strength for me has been similar for me, in actual dBm that is. 4.2 changed how signal is reported. Meaning 3 bars in 4.2 =/= to 3 bars in 4.1 .

You can flash the old radios if you want. [Radios][VZW] All Radios in Flashable Zip [updated 28 Mar 2013] - Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki

My Galaxy Nexus is currently 4.2.2. Also it is rooted. But my device, it started to not connect. Normally the wifi or 4g signal turns blue when it is connected. But on my device, It always stays gray and some apps say i have network problems. After this, my phone cant access play store. Play store says "no connection." I took it to VWZ and they said there is a problem with radio. Can someone please help/tell me how to fix this? P.S. on rooting, i accidentally tried rooting once with wugfresh toolkit set on Nexus 7. It didnt work so i used different toolkit.