Radio Off in "Sleep Mode?"

SoCalScott

Reaction score
Hi all. Newbie here, and I'd appreciate some help.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile. It is running Android 4.04. My Hosted Exchange provider is GoDaddy.

I've noticed that it appears that my emails are not being downloaded when the phone is "sleeping." I don't get my emails until I "wake" the phone by pushing a button. This happens when the phone is in regular/4G mode (not when it's on wifi).

Obviously not getting email is a serious concern for me, as most of the time the phone is simply in my pocket and I don't use it until I make a call or hear a notification beep. I'm hoping there's a setting that will allow me to receive emails on a timely basis even if the phone is in sleep mode.

Thanks for your help!

Scott

GDKen

Reaction score
@SoCalScott

I'm from Go Daddy and came across your post.

The device's 'power-saving' feature may be the cause. This feature can supersede various existing settings on your phone in an effort to save your battery. You may want to review those settings or disable the power save feature to see if the behavior changes.

If you have any additional concerns with your email please feel free to reply or direct message me.