[Radio] [Leak] [7-17-11]2.xx.xxx.x Radio New Gingerbread RUU

polish23

Reaction score
Ok I'm all new to this so please forgive me. I just rooted my phone. I have no roms yet so I'm guessing I have group then. So this would work for me? And all I would do is save it to a spot on my SD card and just reboot and let it do its thing? Im trying to learn this stuff but I'm a hands on kinda person so I'm trying to figure it out

Ok well first you will probably want to pick out a rom you will like to use. Then when you download this you will need to rename the file to the name mentioned in the original post. Then you need to flash it from hboot (hold down power button and volume down button when turning on the phone) it's pretty easy from there! Good luck!
Sent from my bamf'd bolt!

x02ssmarox

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on this since its release? Battery, GPS, stability, etc. etc....?

papa_celms

Reaction score
Phones Running Das Bamf RC 4.9 Sense 3.0

Stability:
No restarts. Radio Seems to run just as well or better than my last one.

Battery Life:
seems to be not so good. I have an extended battery, and it seemed to drop quit quickly. I'm giving my phone a full charge and going to monitor it more closely. Let you know my results.

3g: I got around 3Mbps down 0.5Mbps up full bars.
4G: Not in my area

Wifi: At first I kept losing connection to my router, but after a restart everything seems to be fine. I only surfed a few pages on it so I cant comment on the stability of the connection.

GPS: Gets instant lock.

papa_celms

Reaction score
Phones Running Das Bamf RC 4.9 Sense 3.0

Stability:
No restarts. Radio Seems to run just as well or better than my last one.

Battery Life:
seems to be not so good. I have an extended battery, and it seemed to drop quit quickly. I'm giving my phone a full charge and going to monitor it more closely. Let you know my results.

3g: I got around 3Mbps down 0.5Mbps up full bars.
4G: Not in my area

Wifi: At first I kept losing connection to my router, but after a restart everything seems to be fine. I only surfed a few pages on it so I cant comment on the stability of the connection.

GPS: Gets instant lock.

Alright I might have to reset my battery stats since for some reason the first 10% of my extended battery life flew out the window in about 20 min earlier today while listening to the FM radio. I haven't reset my battery yet, but these are my test results I conducted later during the day.

Watched Netflix over 3g for 23min Battery dropped from 96% to 94%.

Listened to FM Radio for 25 min. Battery droped from 93% to 92%.

Hope this helps some people out.

soonster

Reaction score
Thanks for the post, I have just update the radio with GTP's EatonRom 1.53. Seems great so far. 4G speedtest in nyc avgs about 18mbs down/ 4mb up. Not bad at all.

tarund

Reaction score
Gott damn! I've never seen 4G pop-up on my phone that fast. I'm in a 4G covered area but usually it locks to 3G first and then 4G. Can't wait to test the GPS lock when I'm outside. Gracias, chingy!

smmfc

Reaction score
I downloaded and flashed this when it was first posted has anyone notticed a data drop issue lately or is it just my phone?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is this the MR2.5 or is it newer than that?

jeberger2007

Reaction score
Just incase anyone was wondering, well I was anyway the MD5 is
MD5: 114206a23150a76459ae1663959ef684

I was looking for it on the other posted forum. So incase anyone didn't feel like looking around here you go.

****Edit****
BTW, flashing right now, will going to test it out for a few days and see how it runs. Hopefully lives up to what everyone else is saying.

papa_celms

Reaction score
I downloaded and flashed this when it was first posted has anyone notticed a data drop issue lately or is it just my phone?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I was having that issue with this radio about a week 1-2 weeks ago. It seems to be resolved.