Rabid Speculation: GSII and VZW

dannar

Reaction score
We all see the specs on the GSII phones, which are mouth watering except for the fact that they're running the underwhelming AT&T and T-Mobile 4 G.

VZ got a galaxy s phone the first go around, so it's only logical to assume we'll get one this time as well, even if it takes a bit for Sammy to throw out one that works for the network.

When that happens, do you think it'll be LTE? Since it could be awhile since this comes to us, it would be silly not to, wouldn't it?

I'm sitting on an upgrade right now. The ThunderBolt seems like its the way to go. But dual core, super AMOLED, and an unlocked bootloader would have me singing a different tune in a heart beat, if it too could run on VZW's 4G.

Think it's worth waiting for?

kyler13

Reaction score
I think the int'l version has support for AT&T's UTMS bands right out of the gate, and I foresee an early summer release on T-Mobile. Probably will be on AT&T as well in the same timeframe. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll be griping until late September about Verizon not having the phone released, only to find that it'll have LTE without loosing the thin profile AND Samsung's first qHD Super AMOLED Plus display as a reward for the late release.

OP
dannar

dannar

Reaction score
I hope you're right. I'm rocking an LG voyager with some obscure OS called BREW, a new every two upgrade from VZ, and a wife with an iPhone4. I'm starting to go batty about the waiting game...

King_Bean

Reaction score
I hope you're right. I'm rocking an LG voyager with some obscure OS called BREW, a new every two upgrade from VZ, and a wife with an iPhone4. I'm starting to go batty about the waiting game...

lmao @ BREW. Makes me feel good about my og Droid.

But your profile says you have a Thunderbolt.

Reaction score
Personally, I'm getting tired of VZW always getting these major phones last, so I'm hoping there won't be a huge delay on VZW to get this, like there was on the first one...

Masamichi7

Reaction score
Just as a reply to the OP a little bit, the Thunderbolt also essentially has an unlocked bootloader too, as it was hacked fully only days after its release. Just a pointer there.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums