[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

Ruckus127

Reaction score
Just do a battery pull and start over. Should fix it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

You are the MAN! I was able to get it back up and running! That was a rush... Thank you for everything that you do!

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
So just to understand this thread this is the best, easiest method to root? After this I can continue with the new OTA update? Thanks

mikespe

Reaction score
I posted this in the other thread but has anyone noticed that the update is 5.6.893 and NOT 5.5.893? PLUS I went to About Phone/System Updates shortly after and it then came up as 5.7.893!!! I updated and everything seems to be running super fast, data is working great and the camera seems fantastic. Here is a screenshot to show the update:

View attachment 41889

Could anyone tell me what the first 2 numbers in the 5.7.893 mean? This is the update I got...it's fast as heck, data is working great & the camera is fast. But I am concerned that others are still on 5.5...could this just be a patch to the original update? is one set of numbers for the kernel & the other set for the OS updates?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
The first page of this post it appears to show 2 options to root one is in Terminal mode and the other is on a WINDOWS PC. If I just purchased a Bionic from Verizon which option should I choose. Is the first screen showing 2 options to root your phone? I noticed the WIndows screen shows a cheesecake app the terminal does not please assist. Thanks

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Unless you have the moto branded charger the phone is set by default to not charge when in the stock and navigation is running per verizon according to the ota Changelog

Btw op had been updated for windows

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'm using theory righty now. How three hell do they sell me a vzw car charger that won't work. Does moto even make car chargers? Gonna try my USB cable in the USB pretty on the charger that might work... Here's hoping I can get the 5.7 I currently have no 4g anywhere

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

jpnestel

Reaction score
Ok I think I'm gonna give out a try today. Can someone please specify what mode I need to be in when I connect the phone to the computer?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thehirsches

Reaction score
I just tried R3L3AS3DRoot.bat again and it did not work.
The program shows sending 149, then 189 zerglings, finds a way to enter, Overseer finds a path, sends 189 zerglings, zerglings caused a crash (good news), researches Metabolic Boast, Speeedlings on the go, sending 189 zerglings then
Bad luck, our rush did not succeed :(
After a bunch of busybox lines,

link failed Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /data: Operation not permitted
* Installing 43V3R Root...
failed to copy 'mount_ext3.sh' to '/system/bin/mount_ext3.sh': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/mount_ext3.sh: Read-only file system

Any ideas?

Thanks.

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Hello,
I want to try this but can someone please clear some info on what to select on Page 1 and which method to use on page 1 or are they the same? I mean, is the white screen with selections the same as the black screen capture? I have the stock Bionic with Verizon Wireless. Which selection does one suggest on either the white screen or the black screen which is the most reliable, easiest and has the fewest complaints back from users who have used that method?

Thank you.

jpnestel

Reaction score
Wanna try this

Can someone please specify if I plug in in charge only or fastboot or which mode for the intitial connection to the computer before running the command...

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Can someone please specify if I plug in in charge only or fastboot or which mode for the intitial connection to the computer before running the command...

Depends on if you can turn the phone on or not.

jpnestel

Reaction score
Yeah I can turn it on. So from powered down I would use the fast boot and charge only if the phone is on?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can turn it on. So from powered down I would use the fast boot and charge only if the phone is on?

Indeed... Make sure you select the proper option in the .bat

jpnestel

Reaction score
Great thank you! So it's pretty clear on when I'm supposed to change modes? Sorry Iwas fearless with my d1 I'm a little wuss now.lol

ripper2860

Reaction score
The first page of this post it appears to show 2 options to root one is in Terminal mode and the other is on a WINDOWS PC. If I just purchased a Bionic from Verizon which option should I choose. Is the first screen showing 2 options to root your phone? I noticed the WIndows screen shows a cheesecake app the terminal does not please assist. Thanks

The "Terminal" screenshot represents the LINUX screen if using the Linux-based util. The top one is Windows.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Does this allow you to restore to the Original state in case of any issues. Thanks