dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
O
You, sir, are a steely eyed missile man! Thanks so much. Worked perfectly! BTW, Did PayPal ever release your funds? I know you said they had them frozen for a bit.

Yeah davidhackerdvm at gmail

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

ripper2860

Reaction score
Updated version in OP now works with all system versions (.886 and .893) and has a Mac OS X clicky icon. Enjoy

Thank you so very much!! Quick questions, however ...

I noticed that the previous version (Bionic Recovery) flashes BOOT.IMG along with SYSTEM.IMG. This version only flashes SYSTEM.IMG. Is BOOT.IMG not needed? If not why? (I'm the curious sort and just wish to better understand this kind of stuff).

Again -- thanks!!!

(This will make prepping for the official OTA update in November sooo much easier!!)

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
after toying around for a few hours then taking some time off... I've finally got the 4ever root working with 893... now to re-reflash th3ory and get on with it.

sometimes I hate technology, god it would be so nice if big red would just let us do what we want.... it's like comcast telling us we can't mod our computers or run something they don't like just because we have internet service through them.

thanks guys

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Thank you so very much!! Quick questions, however ...

I noticed that the previous version (Bionic Recovery) flashes BOOT.IMG along with SYSTEM.IMG. This version only flashes SYSTEM.IMG. Is BOOT.IMG not needed? If not why? (I'm the curious sort and just wish to better understand this kind of stuff).

Again -- thanks!!!

(This will make prepping for the official OTA update in November sooo much easier!!)

The boot.img can only be changed by an official moto image since it is locked so if you are still on stock it hasn't changed and if you've upgraded it will fail since it is the .886 boot.img. In a nut shell our was something I in that want necessity from the start.

jzmax22

Reaction score
So I have just sbf'ed back to stock and tried to use this method to just root 4ever and it gets stuck at Killing ADB and restarting as root....... enjoy!!! then nothing doesnt restart or install root. did i do something wrong. And i know its not an SBF , i just forgot what its called.

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
So I have just sbf'ed back to stock and tried to use this method to just root 4ever and it gets stuck at Killing ADB and restarting as root....... enjoy!!! then nothing doesnt restart or install root. did i do something wrong. And i know its not an SBF , i just forgot what its called.

It doesn't restart the phone. Just the adb on the phone. so what output do you get after that part?

jzmax22

Reaction score
no output, just hung up. Im sure its an error on my end. Ill try again .

jzmax22

Reaction score
did it again and it worked. Thanks for the quick response. Nice work.

Last edited:

forsaken

Reaction score
im stuck at the "daemon started successfully " line.

currently rooted bionic, p3droids debloat tool used to rebloat and nothing frozen

forsaken

Reaction score
nevermind, apparently i needed to have the phone on. i read the instructions that said to load into bootloader

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
nevermind, apparently i needed to have the phone on. i read the instructions that said to load into bootloader

Yeah I need to update the op since theater its now the option to just root. I'd all else fails follow what's on screen :)

tbell6

Reaction score
Root process hung up? I get as far as;

* DROID BIONIC ZergRush Root and 43V3R Root
* and set USB Mode to Charge Only <<== Waited for boot then opeded USB Link on notification bar and selected Charge Only
* READY TO ROOT YOUR DROID BIONIC WHEN You Are!
Press any key to continue . . . <<== hit enter and cusor dropped to next line and then nothing. Any suggestion welcomed.

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Root process hung up? I get as far as;

* DROID BIONIC ZergRush Root and 43V3R Root
* and set USB Mode to Charge Only <<== Waited for boot then opeded USB Link on notification bar and selected Charge Only
* READY TO ROOT YOUR DROID BIONIC WHEN You Are!
Press any key to continue . . . <<== hit enter and cusor dropped to next line and then nothing. Any suggestion welcomed.

Did you turn on USB debugging