[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

zachdroid

Reaction score
How does the releasing of source files/codes affect full fxz files or creation there of?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

GoBears

Reaction score
This thing absolutely rocks. Just wanted to thank you so much for putting it together.

GoBears!

th3absurdhero

Reaction score
im in a bit of a problem i have a rooted droid bionic that needs to go stock because the screen went out(phone works fine but i cant see nothing) is there a way i can return to stock with this issue in mind i've tried using the one-click method but its impossible if you cant see anything anybody have any suggestions id appreciate thanks.

GoBears

Reaction score
1. Pull battery. 2. Reinsert battery. 3. Hold volume down then press power for a second. Phone should be in fastboot. 4. Plug it in and fire up the one click. Everything else happens without any interaction from you.

GoBears!

th3absurdhero

Reaction score
1. Pull battery. 2. Reinsert battery. 3. Hold volume down then press power for a second. Phone should be in fastboot. 4. Plug it in and fire up the one click. Everything else happens without any interaction from you.

GoBears!

thanks alot it worked perfectly i was afraid i was gonna have to send it back rooted ...waiting for my new bionic now

GoBears

Reaction score
Cool. You're welcome. Glad you got it going. Hope you have good luck with your new bionic :)

JRobzilla

Reaction score
This is a great find! Just got stuck on M (and really not sure how) and this did the trick. Thanks!

americanz

Reaction score
so this is back to bone stock? am i correct? no root. just like out of the box? if so this is what i have been waiting for to root

americanz

Reaction score
i had updated to .893, then to liberty. then back to .886 via one click fastboot. now i try to used petes root tool i get this

ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method

Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version
of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit
was fixed.

anyone fix this yet?????????

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
i had updated to .893, then to liberty. then back to .886 via one click fastboot. now i try to used petes root tool i get this

ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method

Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version
of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit
was fixed.

anyone fix this yet?????????

You can't use the old root method after updating to 893. You need to use the new method.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Downloadthe follow file: it contains the exploit, su, Superuser[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Downloadexploit ---> [/FONT]Exploit.zip

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]1)Unzip contents of folder to your Desktop[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]2)open a command terminal and navigate to the folder (cdDesktop/Exploit)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]3)type the following commands[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]adb push zerg /data/local[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]adb push su /data/local[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]adb push Superuser.[/FONT]apk [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]/data/local[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]adb shell[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]cd /data/local[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]chmod 777 zerg[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]./zerg[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]4)Wait for the root to be gained[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]5)type the following commands[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]adbshell (only type this if you are no longer in shell@targa)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]mount -o rw,remount /dev/null /system[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]cat /data/local/su > /system/bin/su[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]cat /data/local/Superuser.apk > /system/[/FONT]app[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]/Superuser.apk[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]chmod 4755 /system/bin/su[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]reboot[/FONT]

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Updated version in OP now works with all system versions (.886 and .893) and has a Mac OS X clicky icon. Enjoy

bigtex52

Reaction score
The newest update from moto (5.6.893.en.us) fails about 1/3 of the way through every time (Yellow triangle and exclamation point above the android), leaving me at .886. I have run r3l3as3droot each time followed by cheesecake to download the update and then let the update run. Any ideas?

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
The newest update from moto (5.6.893.en.us) fails about 1/3 of the way through every time (Yellow triangle and exclamation point above the android), leaving me at .886. I have run r3l3as3droot each time followed by cheesecake to download the update and then let the update run. Any ideas?

You have to be on 5.5.893 sure the new update to load. After running R3L3AS3DRoot flash this in clockwork to get to 5.5.893

http://db.tt/btLANyTA

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bigtex52

Reaction score
You, sir, are a steely eyed missile man! Thanks so much. Worked perfectly! BTW, Did PayPal ever release your funds? I know you said they had them frozen for a bit.

Last edited: