[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Hacks' started by dhacker29, Sep 27, 2011.

1. zachdroid

zachdroid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    How does the releasing of source files/codes affect full fxz files or creation there of?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

2. GoBears

GoBears Member

Ratings:
    +12
    This thing absolutely rocks. Just wanted to thank you so much for putting it together.

GoBears!

3. th3absurdhero

th3absurdhero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im in a bit of a problem i have a rooted droid bionic that needs to go stock because the screen went out(phone works fine but i cant see nothing) is there a way i can return to stock with this issue in mind i've tried using the one-click method but its impossible if you cant see anything anybody have any suggestions id appreciate thanks.

4. GoBears

GoBears Member

Ratings:
    +12
    1. Pull battery. 2. Reinsert battery. 3. Hold volume down then press power for a second. Phone should be in fastboot. 4. Plug it in and fire up the one click. Everything else happens without any interaction from you.

GoBears!

5. th3absurdhero

th3absurdhero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks alot it worked perfectly i was afraid i was gonna have to send it back rooted ...waiting for my new bionic now

6. GoBears

GoBears Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Cool. You're welcome. Glad you got it going. Hope you have good luck with your new bionic :)

7. JRobzilla

JRobzilla Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a great find! Just got stuck on M (and really not sure how) and this did the trick. Thanks!

8. americanz

americanz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so this is back to bone stock? am i correct? no root. just like out of the box? if so this is what i have been waiting for to root

9. americanz

americanz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i had updated to .893, then to liberty. then back to .886 via one click fastboot. now i try to used petes root tool i get this

ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method

Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version
    of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit
    was fixed.

anyone fix this yet?????????

10. DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory Member Developer

Ratings:
    +18
    You can't use the old root method after updating to 893. You need to use the new method.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Downloadthe follow file: it contains the exploit, su, Superuser[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Downloadexploit ---> [/FONT]Exploit.zip

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]1)Unzip contents of folder to your Desktop[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]2)open a command terminal and navigate to the folder (cdDesktop/Exploit)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]3)type the following commands[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]adb push zerg /data/local[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]adb push su /data/local[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]adb push Superuser.[/FONT]apk [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]/data/local[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]adb shell[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]cd /data/local[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]chmod 777 zerg[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]./zerg[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]4)Wait for the root to be gained[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]5)type the following commands[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]adbshell (only type this if you are no longer in shell@targa)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]mount -o rw,remount /dev/null /system[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]cat /data/local/su > /system/bin/su[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]cat /data/local/Superuser.apk > /system/[/FONT]app[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]/Superuser.apk[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]chmod 4755 /system/bin/su[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]reboot[/FONT]

11. americanz

americanz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    GREAT!! thank you so much!! doing it now

12. dhacker29

dhacker29 Developer Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    Updated version in OP now works with all system versions (.886 and .893) and has a Mac OS X clicky icon. Enjoy

13. bigtex52

bigtex52 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    The newest update from moto (5.6.893.en.us) fails about 1/3 of the way through every time (Yellow triangle and exclamation point above the android), leaving me at .886. I have run r3l3as3droot each time followed by cheesecake to download the update and then let the update run. Any ideas?

14. dhacker29

dhacker29 Developer Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    You have to be on 5.5.893 sure the new update to load. After running R3L3AS3DRoot flash this in clockwork to get to 5.5.893

http://db.tt/btLANyTA

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

15. bigtex52

bigtex52 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    You, sir, are a steely eyed missile man! Thanks so much. Worked perfectly! BTW, Did PayPal ever release your funds? I know you said they had them frozen for a bit.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
Search tags for this page
43v3r root bionic
motorooter-1.1.zip

r3l3as3droot

r3l3as3droot and 43v3r root for the bionic
r3l3as3droot and 43v3r root for the bionic v2.1
r3l3as3droot download
r3l3as3droot v2 windows.zip

r3l3as3droot windows v2.1.zip

r3l3as3droot windows v2.1.zip download
r3l3as3droot.bat