dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
I need help...Im at my wits end with this.

First off, I need to be in the fastboot menu on the phone right?? I hold both volume controls and power button to bring up the boot mode menus. I volume down to AP fastboot and volume up to select that. Screen says "battery ok, ok to program, tranfer mode: usb connected." I have terminal open. I have the bionicfastboot folder on my desktop. I am in that directory on the terminal. I drag the one click fastboot restore and root file to the terminal. It says "make sure you are in the ap fastboot menu yada yada", already am. It was saying "enter password" which didnt seem to work. After you said "do it anyway and hit enter" I did.

Now getting this again:

./fastboot: ./fastboot: cannot execute binary file
* Flashing system.img
* Wiping data
* Rebooting your phone now, factory restore complete

all because I f'ing accidentally powered off the phone right after I wiped it clean to install that theory rom. *bangs head on desk*

edit - its a non-issue now. I got a phone replacement. I think it was totally screwed up.

New version uploaded for Mac issues should be fixed

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
New version uploaded for Mac issues should be fixed

Well 1) hopefully it doesnt happen again 2) but if it does I hope that works for me and Im glad there are ppl out there like you doing this stuff to help.

My BIGGEST mistake was doing ANYTHING while the battery was almost dead. And then in my haste to get it done I selected "power off device" when I meant to select another option in the recovery menu.

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Well 1) hopefully it doesnt happen again 2) but if it does I hope that works for me and Im glad there are ppl out there like you doing this stuff to help.

My BIGGEST mistake was doing ANYTHING while the battery was almost dead. And then in my haste to get it done I selected "power off device" when I meant to select another option in the recovery menu.

Yeah the power button is an ready place to accidentally hit lol Glad you're up and running

tbell6

Reaction score
Worked great. Thanks so much.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

anuraj1

Reaction score
This saved me tonight. Tried to install one of p3droid's animated battery meters, got force close city and then softbrick. This worked beautifully.

xraymo3

Reaction score
Wicked......... I need your help. I posted in the root thread... and no luck, no help. Heres the Deal-io.

I have the drivers installed. The 32bit ones.

I have tried Mototola One Click root and I get "motorola one click root has encountere a problem and needs to close"

I have tried Petes Motorola Root and i get "unhandled exception has ovvured in your application. If you click continue the app will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately."

Heeeeellllp. What is going wrong? Ive tried several computers......

xraymo3

Reaction score
Wicked......... I need your help. I posted in the root thread... and no luck, no help. Heres the Deal-io.

I have the drivers installed. The 32bit ones.

I have tried Mototola One Click root and I get "motorola one click root has encountere a problem and needs to close"

I have tried Petes Motorola Root and i get "unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue the app will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately."

Heeeeellllp. What is going wrong? Ive tried several computers......

Never mind. I finally did it. I had to go to psouza4 website and use the windows 2003 server. Ugh... Finally.

pdnhorsefly

Reaction score
Excellent work

That looks like a brilliant thing you've put together. I'm having a similar problem, though unfortunately with a different phone. I seem to have gotten into a softbrick sort of situation and the SBF with RSD Lite thing isn't working for me, for reasons which are vague at best. There wouldn't be any chance that this could be modified to work on an X2, would it?

Thanks!

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
I suppose if you had the system image and boot image it would work