[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

oldguy

Reaction score
OK folks it seems that this no longer works on the 893 OTA it worked on the 5.7.893 which is what I was referring too. I've been in a hole working on ICS and didn't even know there was a new OTA lol

So, that is helpful. The OTA is 5.5.893 (not 5.7.893), which is why I had to use your script with option 1 to get back to stock 886, root, and then take the 5.5.893 OTA again (and I kept root). I don't know where the 5.7.893 system came from but it didn't show up as an OTA for me. I had tried other options in your script but the only one that worked was option 1. I think that may be what is confusing folks because the other options don't work with 5.5.893 (maybe whether previously rooted or not). However, I haven't seen anyone say that option 1 doesn't work unless maybe they have gotten themselves off the OTA path. P.S. I did option 1 on Dec. 23rd and have been happily rooted since.

Last edited:

oldguy

Reaction score
Sounds like pathsaver is the best way to go now. I am not sure pathsaver would have worked for me because I hadn't unrooted before taking the 5.5.893 OTA and I think the remnants of the prior superuser app would have been in the way of rooting the 893 system. I probably would have had to go back to stock 886 unrooted anyway. But I'm happy where I am and am not planning to go try that just out of curiosity.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Sounds like pathsaver is the best way to go now. I am not sure pathsaver would have worked for me because I hadn't unrooted before taking the 5.5.893 OTA and I think the remnants of the prior superuser app would have been in the way of rooting the 893 system. I probably would have had to go back to stock 886 unrooted anyway. But I'm happy where I am and am not planning to go try that just out of curiosity.

the pathsaver works rooted or not, there are no issues with an existing su app or supporting script/code/files

oldguy

Reaction score
the pathsaver works rooted or not, there are no issues with an existing su app or supporting script/code/files

Does this method give you a version of superuser that can be updated from the market without the signature problem? And, can I use it even though I have already successfully rooted using the 43v3r root method? My superuser app won't update because it has the signature problem and su update fixer can't fix it because of the file permission settings (at least that is what it looks like when it fails). And, do I care? My Superuser information says it is at Superuser v3.0(35) SU binary v3.0.3.2 but, with no ability to update to the market version due to the signature issue.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Does this method give you a version of superuser that can be updated from the market without the signature problem? And, can I use it even though I have already successfully rooted using the 43v3r root method? My superuser app won't update because it has the signature problem and su update fixer can't fix it because of the file permission settings (at least that is what it looks like when it fails). And, do I care? My Superuser information says it is at Superuser v3.0(35) SU binary v3.0.3.2 but, with no ability to update to the market version due to the signature issue.

i dont have any update or signature issues, there is a su fix app on the market too thats supposed to fix update and sig issues

baldwindc

Reaction score
Error Message

Hello All,

Phone is set to USB Debugging mode on, Charge only, and windows 7 64 recognizes the device. Here is the error message I have received:

* and set USB Mode to Charge Only
* READY TO ROOT YOUR DROID BIONIC WHEN YOU ARE!
Press any key to continue . . .
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
"* Running zergRush exploit..."
* Wait about 30 seconds for the adb server to restart as root
Press any key to continue . . .
* Installing busybox, su, and SuperUser apk...
* Installing 43V3R Root...
* All done! Your phone should now be 43V3R rooted!
* Why don't you check out Shift[3]R? You're ready to flash it now
********************************************************************************

Is my phone rooted? Doesn't seem so from the error message.

markwebb

Reaction score
So, in case of an emergency where I need to go back to VZW, how do I un-root? I installed the .901 update on a stock rooted phone. I have never installed a "leak". What is the fastest, painless way to un-root?

oldguy

Reaction score
Su update fixer Will allow you to update

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hmmmm.... su update fixer failed with an error but then I rebooted and it seems to have been fixed and I can now update from the Market. I wish I understood this better. In any case, I think I will run the 43v3r rooting procedures again.

bthoms

Reaction score
How to I flash the Recovery

I used this to root my phone and it seemed to work great, but I still have the stock recovery. I installed ROM Manager and tried to flash the Clockwork Mod recovery but it didn't work. How to I get a different recovery flashed?