[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

djmatt8787

Reaction score
so now i have to decide, stay on 901 and try to (re?) root, or run the script again and stop it on 893, then use R3L3AS3Droot to 43v3r root it... :-/ this was never this hard on my vzw D1... lol

AAAWWWWW im freaking stupid!!!! i ran the script again, this time stopping on the 893 update bc didnt want to be tooooo far off the path, now im stuck at :

~~~~
~~~~
~~~~
blah

batt ok
cannot program
txfr mode
usb cable

invalid CG Version (CG: cdt)
invalid CG Version (CG: cdt)

i saw the note on Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method about the 901fix.zip, and i ran the 901.bat... but its not playing ball....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE:

thanks to JKLIVING92, here is the CDTFix.zip (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6NI2VQMC) than when you see the error above, you run this bat file from the same path as the "bionic path saver" it will fix the CDT error when you go to 901, then try to go back to 893. with this CDTFix, im now on 893, and looking GOOD...

still not sure if i have root access (SU) yet, but since i had to tear apart a USB mouse to charge my dead battery just to run the CDTFix... i think i need to wait a minute or two to let the phone take a break. :)

next stop: staying on 893, but ROOTING it, so i can use SQLite to change values in the native tether app... will update around 7:45 AM MST with what i find.

again, all credit goes to JKLIVING92, and i'll do my best to make a FULL record of what i have done (with his help) and post a step by step somewhere for anyone wanting some light reading...

Last edited:

scarabshell

Reaction score
404 not found? This no longer work?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

djmatt8787

Reaction score
404 not found? This no longer work?

which one gave you the 404 error? i'll try to re-upload....

in other news, i fell asleep during the repair, and woke up to a fully functional, rooted 893...

ALL THANKS go to JKLiving92, and like i said, ill put my full wallkthrough up... with links, and pics if i can.

scarabshell

Reaction score
The link in op for windows by dhacker, gives me the "not found"

jkliving92

Reaction score
The link in op for windows by dhacker, gives me the "not found"

What are you trying to do? Get back on upgrade path to install 893 or 901 or just trying to root?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
you guys should be using the link in this post to root 893 and 901
Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method
any info you will need is in that post and thread, the cdt fix is included in my link, i put all the new parts together to simplify things for you guys.

scarabshell

Reaction score
What are you trying to do? Get back on upgrade path to install 893 or 901 or just trying to root?

Well honestly im trying to acheive root to strap this thing down and rom it. Ive been looking for a way to unroot more than a way to root. Came from droid x where i could sbf, but this is a completely new beast to tame. Any pointers or direction is appreciated. Im on 893 btw

debrad0307

Reaction score
OK...
I am really REALLY confused!!
I am trying to root my new Bionic (I used to have a rooted/rommed DX so I'm not new to this). I used this forever root method AND I keep getting the same error.

Bad luck, our rush did not succeed :(
*Wait about 30 seconds for the adb server to restart as root
Press any key to continue

Once i press any key it goes on to

*installing busybox, su, and Superuser apk
remount failed: operation not permitted
failed to copy busybox : read-only file system

I get that error for both su and superuser apk. as a matter of fact it just errors out all the way to the finish line. USB mode is in charge only, and I'm using the correct drivers...

Now here is the CONFUSING part... I rebooted my phone and HOLY COW superuser is in my app drawer. When I click on it it says that my su binary is outdated so I click on the notification to update it but it force closes. I used root checker... no root.

anyone have ANY suggestions that might help?
I am going to pull my hair out!

djmatt8787

Reaction score
OK...
I am trying to root my new Bionic (I used to have a rooted/rommed DX so I'm not new to this). I used this forever root method AND I keep getting the same error.

I get that error for both su and superuser apk. as a matter of fact it just errors out all the way to the finish line. USB mode is in charge only, and I'm using the correct drivers...

Now here is the CONFUSING part... I rebooted my phone and HOLY COW superuser is in my app drawer. When I click on it it says that my su binary is outdated so I click on the notification to update it but it force closes. I used root checker... no root.

ya, that is kinda what i was facing with coming to bionic from D1. no more sbf :-( that was sooo easy to do.... but this format scares the crap out of me!!! start from scratch and work all the way through... im thinking that the "clean slate process" is the way to go on these new formats...

ex0rcist

Reaction score
ya, that is kinda what i was facing with coming to bionic from D1. no more sbf :-( that was sooo easy to do.... but this format scares the crap out of me!!! start from scratch and work all the way through... im thinking that the "clean slate process" is the way to go on these new formats...

Fastboot file have been leaked. Btw.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
OK...

the method from the op no longer works on the current ota, scroll down a handful of post where i mentioned it and the link for the new way.

oldguy

Reaction score
So, here is what I don't understand. In the script, mount_ext3.sh there are the following commands added, ostensibly to preserve root:

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

However, when I look in /system/app/ there is no Superuser.apk and when I find the actual superuser apk file, it is not named Superuser.apk and it is in another directory and there is no chmod 4755 in the script for it.

My question: why is there a chmod in the script for a file that doesn't exist and not for the file that does exist?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i would try downloading the superuser app from the market, im guessing it should be where the script is changing the permissions and would go there if you downloaded it. not sure why it wouldnt go where it belongs using the script.