[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

jkliving92

Reaction score
yes, lol, yes i did... i posted that before i was able to finish DLing R3l3as3droot .bat, but since i finally got it on my super slow internt, and i ran it, trying option 4 first, then trying option 1, both ways error out with :

Flashing boot.img
Sending boot..........okay
writing boot...INFOPreflash validation Failure
FAILED (remote)
Sending System...okay
Writing system....okay

so i still dont know what to do... :-(

You did the pathsaver didn't you? If so do it again. I believe that's what I did when I ran into that problem. It also flashes stock system back plus radio and kernel. You'll have to install the 893 update again and then you can just stay unrooted.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

djmatt8787

Reaction score
Here you go. This should get you set up. Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method

i just finished (after 2.5 hours of DLing... i will try it now...

on a side note, i have no radio function at all... on teh phone with VZW now trying to get that... (if i hold vol+/- when i power up and choose normal startup, i can get it to boot.)

im trying...

jkliving92

Reaction score

jkliving92

Reaction score
^^^ hate when I want to edit a post and accidentally quote myself.

djmatt8787

Reaction score
[*]
[*] Motorola universal root script (Windows version)
[*] by P3Droid
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest Motorola drivers installed, and that your phone
[*] is connected via USB.
[*]
[*] Press enter to continue after you have changed your USB Mode to Charge Only.
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Pushing the update zip file to your sdcard...
[*] Do not wipe data or cache...
[*] Pushing 5.5.893...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
1078 KB/s (57116385 bytes in 51.703s)
[*] Pushing 5.9.901...
1253 KB/s (59018834 bytes in 45.973s)
[*] Rebooting phone to bootloader...
[*] Press enter to continue if both files pushed to sdcard without an error...
[*] If either file failed to push to device disconnect phone and exit this windo
w...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*] Fastboot flashing needed partitions...
< waiting for device >
sending 'system' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 44.840s]
writing 'system'... OKAY [ 25.752s]
sending 'system' (229120 KB)... OKAY [ 39.148s]
writing 'system'... OKAY [ 22.169s]
sending 'preinstall' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 44.166s]
writing 'preinstall'... OKAY [ 24.797s]
sending 'preinstall' (49152 KB)... OKAY [ 8.167s]
writing 'preinstall'... OKAY [ 4.299s]
sending 'webtop' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 48.626s]
writing 'webtop'... OKAY [ 24.090s]
sending 'webtop' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 45.450s]
writing 'webtop'... OKAY [ 23.421s]
sending 'webtop' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 43.354s]
writing 'webtop'... OKAY [ 23.870s]
sending 'webtop' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 44.534s]
writing 'webtop'... OKAY [ 23.470s]
sending 'webtop' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 44.559s]
writing 'webtop'... OKAY [ 23.215s]
sending 'webtop' (54016 KB)... OKAY [ 9.016s]
writing 'webtop'... OKAY [ 4.778s]
[*] Rebooting phone...
rebooting...
[*] Rebooting the Phone
[*] Waiting for device...
* server not running *
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

ok, after all that above ^^^ here is where im stuck. phone still shows
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (s)
0A.61

Batt OK
ok 2 program
transfer mode
USB connected

gonna try to reboot and see what happens...

jkliving92

Reaction score
Yeah mine didn't seem to reboot itself either. Just tapped the power button and it went right along though.

djmatt8787

Reaction score
ok, one more thing, whats the difference between 5.5.893 and the 5.9.901?

really is there anything gained by using 5.9.901??

and BTW JKLiving92, you are FREAKING AMAZING!!! ive made more progress in the last hour with your help, then i have since 11 AM this morning... (thats 17 hours ago.... FYI)

jkliving92

Reaction score
Haha. Thanks I appreciate it. And 5.5.901 was actually an accidental ota update. Some who have installed it say it fixes all their bionics issues including signal, battery, camera, etc. Others say they can't tell the difference between 901 or 893 in those areas. I've noticed slight improvements over 893 with 901 myself. One concern for most though is that it was accidentally pushed out and that it could possibly put you off the update path like the cheesecake leaks did. Doesn't really matter at this point since we have the one click path saver now. If you want rooted 901 though be careful because after reverting to 886 and then installing the 893 update, the forever root script will fail and 901 will break root. You'll have to forever root while still running 886 then install the updates. Get your signal back yet?

djmatt8787

Reaction score
Haha. Thanks I appreciate it. And 5.5.901 was actually an accidental ota update. Those who have installed it say it fixes all their bionics issues including signal, battery, camera, etc. Others say they can't tell the difference between 901 or 893 in those areas. I've noticed slightly improvements over 893 with 901 myself. One concern for most though is that it was accidentally pushed out and that it could possibly put you off the update path like the cheesecake leaks did. Doesn't really matter at this point since we have the one click path saver now. If you want rooted 901 though be careful because after reverting to 886 and then installing the 893 update, the forever root script will fail and 901 will break root. You'll have to forever root while still running 886 then install the updates. Get your signal back yet?

hhmmm.... i went ahead and did the 901 update with the thought process of "why not?"

so its wrapping up that update now, then i will reboot from recovery and let this "midas" script resume its journey...

havent put the radio.zip in yet... but i will post when i do... funny thing is, in about 8 hrs im starting a 1500 mile trip ... and cant imagine doing it without tether when my wife is driving... :'(

and i hope its not taboo, but since also posted my issue on XDA_dev*****, i am going to link to this thread, so that other "noobs" that look in all andy forums can find what you are helping me to do...

so to read your last post correctly, with the 901, im going to have to root differently than i did with Petes Moto tools 1.05, or than i did with Super1click, right?

i should use the r3l3as3droot v2.1, and choose option (3?????)

Last edited:

jkliving92

Reaction score
hhmmm.... i went ahead and did the 901 update with the thought process of "why not?"

so its wrapping up that update now, then i will reboot from recovery and let this "midas" script resume its journey...

havent put the radio.zip in yet... but i will post when i do... funny thing is, in about 8 hrs im starting a 1500 mile trip ... and cant imagine doing it without tether when my wife is driving... :'(

and i hope its not taboo, but since also posted my issue on XDA_dev*****, i am going to link to this thread, so that other "noobs" that look in all andy forums can find what you are helping me to do...

so to read your last post correctly, with the 901, im going to have to root differently than i did with Petes Moto tools 1.05, or than i did with Super1click, right?

i should use the r3l3as3droot v2.1, and choose option (3?????)

If the 901 update is a success your radio should be fine and your signal should be restored without flash the radio.zip file. If you flash that file after updating to 901 it will just revert your radio back to 886 and you'll have to start the whole process again to update it back to 901. If that's the case it's no big deal just a little more time and calls for another script you'll need. I can find you the link if necessary. If you haven't flashed the radio.zip file, are you rooted?

djmatt8787

Reaction score
with the 901 on there (and i havent updated teh radio bc i was waiting for your input) it shows SU in my programs, even tells me that and update is available AND (i guess vzw fixed their 4g problem from Wednesday... :-D dancedroid

however, installing root explorer from market, it sais root explorer was denied SU permissions... so i have SU icon but i'm not rooted???

djmatt8787

Reaction score
so now i have to decide, stay on 901 and try to (re?) root, or run the script again and stop it on 893, then use R3L3AS3Droot to 43v3r root it... :-/ this was never this hard on my vzw D1... lol