[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

wilboy

Reaction score
Have you tried this one already?if not,do this: while on boot loop(after flashing the Liberty3 2.0)pull the battery out and put it back,by doing this,you'll be back in CWR,wipe data and reboot.
do not use safestrap use bootstrap instead..and try what i have posted lately.just my 2cents.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally got my phone to root using the program. Had to do the Restore and Root to get it to work, so that kind of sucked, but now it's finally rooted. I loaded Open Garden WiFi Tethering and it will run but for some reason I can only get a limited connection to it and am unable to access the internet from the laptop I'm using to test it. Does this sound like a problem with the laptop settings or a problem with Open Garden settings? I have encryption enabled and a password set. If anyone knows any better tethering apps, I'd be glad to hear about them. Thanks.

Last edited:

Stories

Reaction score
Can I use R3L3AS3DRoot to return to unrooted stock .893? I'm curious since it makes the system partition stock .886. Figured I would ask before I make the phone irreplaceable :biggrin:.

I rooted using pete's 1click. DID NOT try any of the leaked updates. Patiently waited for .893 OTA and it downloaded/ installed successfully and lost root.

My problem- I need to return my phone to Verizon and I don't want any trace of root. Google Videos still recognizes my phone as being rooted. I did a wipe and reset with no luck. Superuser still shows up. Also tried Pete's unroot but that obviously didn't work because I'm not rooted.

I've been wondering this, too. Unfortunately for me, I've already flashed a different ROM after receiving the OTA. So I hope that there is a way to flash back to stock 893...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been wondering this, too. Unfortunately for me, I've already flashed a different ROM after receiving the OTA. So I hope that there is a way to flash back to stock 893...

I used it last week and it returned my system to .886. I just looked at the original post and it still only mentions .886 system. So you will end up with .886 system and .893 kernel and radio. I've read all over the net of people returning phones in this configuration and have heard of no issues with Verizon. However at this time it is not known if this puts you back in the upgrade path or not. My personal opinion is that early adopters and others with mismatched systems will get the 5.8.894 update and then the ICS update (just my personal opinion!!).

Have a good day.

Good luck.

Stories

Reaction score
I used it last week and it returned my system to .886. I just looked at the original post and it still only mentions .886 system. So you will end up with .886 system and .893 kernel and radio. I've read all over the net of people returning phones in this configuration and have heard of no issues with Verizon. However at this time it is not known if this puts you back in the upgrade path or not. My personal opinion is that early adopters and others with mismatched systems will get the 5.8.894 update and then the ICS update (just my personal opinion!!).

Have a good day.

Good luck.

Yeah, that's why I'm holding out hope that they'll be able to add the option of going to stock 893 system in this program :)

capncurt86

Reaction score
So I tried to apply the 43v3r root and it seems that it did not work. Then script had a lot a errors in it but it said "Your phone should be 43v3r rooted" I used root checker and it said it was not rooted. It also it saying su binary is outdated so I downloaded the su update fixer and it did not work, which I am assuming is because it is not rooted? I have the icon and when I open it I get a force close because of the su update fixer. I have not rooted my bionic yet and I already have the OTA update. I'm still showing 893. Should I just try again? or factory reset and try again?

Here is a screen shot all the errors and it saying rooting worked:
View attachment 44295

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
So I tried to apply the 43v3r root and it seems that it did not work. Then script had a lot a errors in it but it said "Your phone should be 43v3r rooted" I used root checker and it said it was not rooted. It also it saying su binary is outdated so I downloaded the su update fixer and it did not work, which I am assuming is because it is not rooted? I have the icon and when I open it I get a force close because of the su update fixer. I have not rooted my bionic yet and I already have the OTA update. I'm still showing 893. Should I just try again? or factory reset and try again?

View attachment 44295

factory reset and try again That happened to me and i just started all over again following all the steps carefully/// and it worked fine there after ......

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

View attachment 44295

I've read of many folks that had to do it multiple times to get it to work.

Good luck

JizJizJiz

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. On OS X, and tried this at least 10 times - have system 893:

Code:
 By Your Command (1-8):  2

Rooting and ForeverRooting a non-rooted Bionic 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ready to root, install busybox, su, Superuser.apk along
with the Forever Root hack.

Make sure you have done the following:
 1. On your Bionic under Menu -> Settings -> Applications-> Development
    USB Development must be checked/enabled.
 2. The USB cable must be plugged into your Bionic and PC.
 3. Set your USB connection to 'Charge Only' mode(Mac) on your Bionic
      (if it hangs, try setting it to 'PC Mode')

Ready to root your Droid Bionic when you are.

Press enter to continue.   Waiting to connect to phone...

Attempting zergRush root exploit.
1721 KB/s (23052 bytes in 0.013s)

[**] Zerg rush - Android 2.2/2.3 local root
[**] (C) 2011 Revolutionary. All rights reserved.

[**] Parts of code from Gingerbreak, (C) 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew.

[+] Found a GingerBread ! 0x00016118
[*] Scooting ...
[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...
[*] Sending 189 zerglings ...
[+] Zerglings found a way to enter ! 0x18
[+] Overseer found a path ! 0x000161e0
[*] Sending 189 zerglings ...
[+] Zerglings caused crash (good news): 0x40122c5c 0x0074
[*] Researching Metabolic Boost ...
[+] Speedlings on the go ! 0xafd25ac9 0xafd39877
[*] Sending 185 zerglings ...

[-] Bad luck, our rush did not succeed :(
Waiting for Bionic to enter correct USB state
You can enter Ctrl-C at anytime to exit this program and start over
*** ERROR - Phone may not have been rooted ***
Try rebooting your phone and running this again to root it.

Any ideas? Thanks!

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
i wish i knew the 1st thing about adb or command prompt however i dont .. i tried adding a battery mod , just without adding the services jar , and got stuck in log on screen .. so not knowing any other way .. i did the 43v3r root again from the start .. all goes well but unlike the
first time now it wont let me update so im rooted stuck at 886 .. tells me install failed when i try to update ... Suggestions anyone i think im done tinkering with my phone this has been a nightmare lol

capncurt86

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, but still no luck. It keeps telling me the same thing over and over. I have factory reset 3 times and tried to root it like 10 to 15 times. I think I am going to try to root another way. Then maybe I'l see if I can use 43v3r root after that. And if it still doesnt work I will try to to fxz back to stock and try try again. And Then, if that doesn't, work I will through it at the wall...

capncurt86

Reaction score
I was able to root with the One-Click-Exploit. Whoohoo! Tomorrow I will see if I can get it 43v3r'd.

dstreng

Reaction score
i need help guys. I updated to .901 and then tried to apply Kin3ctx. i lost data so i tried to use this to get back to stock and i got Ap fastboot failure. So right now i have a brick. Anyone know how to help? or can this possibly be updated to use the .901 system to reflash. Big thanks to anyone that can help b/c i am very scared right now. Once again any help would be appreciated!!!