[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

skaman9876

Reaction score
so i guess i'm a failure and not to familiar with all this stuff... i attempted to use the one click fastboot and it said this application has failed to start because adbwinapi.dll was not found. Not entirely sure what i'm missing but i'm installingn android SDK right now hoping that that's what it was looking for... any and all help would be greatly appreciated. First soft brick of the Bionic :shocked:

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
so i guess i'm a failure and not to familiar with all this stuff... i attempted to use the one click fastboot and it said this application has failed to start because adbwinapi.dll was not found. Not entirely sure what i'm missing but i'm installingn android SDK right now hoping that that's what it was looking for... any and all help would be greatly appreciated. First soft brick of the Bionic :shocked:

That should fix you up. Make sure you put the sdk/tools directory in you're path so windows can find it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

beidave

Reaction score
When I start recovery, I get a AdbWinApi.dll error. Any ideas?

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Version 2 is up in the OP it now works on Windows, Linux, and hopefully Mac OS X. I have also included ROOT as part of the One-click process. Enjoy and report any issues

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Im on a Mac and have borked things up on my bionic so need to flash back to stock. Ive downloaded the zip file. Do I have to run something in the terminal? Where you said "dbl click the one click fastboot restore and root.." Im not exactly sure what to do here. I double clicked the file and nothing seemed to happen. Is terminal suppose to open??

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Im on a Mac and have borked things up on my bionic so need to flash back to stock. Ive downloaded the zip file. Do I have to run something in the terminal? Where you said "dbl click the one click fastboot restore and root.." Im not exactly sure what to do here. I double clicked the file and nothing seemed to happen. Is terminal suppose to open??

On the Mac open terminal and drop the one-click file in the terminal window

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
When it asks for password is this my Mac password? I entered that, hit enter, then got this:

Password:
./fastboot: ./fastboot: cannot execute binary file
* Flashing system.img
* Wiping data
* Rebooting your phone now, factory restore complete

My phone battery is low and in the AP menu its saying "battery low cannot program", is this the reason? Ive had the phone on the charger for like an hour and it doesnt even seem to be charging.

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
When it asks for password is this my Mac password? I entered that, hit enter, then got this:

Password:
* Flashing system.img
* Wiping data

My phone battery is low and in the AP menu its saying "battery low cannot program", is this the reason? Ive had the phone on the charger for like an hour and it doesnt even seem to be charging.

Pull the battery and plug it in you should see a charging screen come up. Wait til at least 20% DVD yes you Mac login password for su access

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Pull the battery and plug it in you should see a charging screen come up. Wait til at least 20% DVD yes you Mac login password for su access

I have the battery in the phone, its plugged into the original charger in the wall. I dont get any charge screen, only the red M dual core screen.

edit - Ive had the phone charging for over an hour and its seemingly isnt getting any juice. So Im open to suggestions.

Last edited:
OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
I have the battery in the phone, its plugged into the original charger in the wall. I dont get any charge screen, only the red M dual core screen.

edit - Ive had the phone charging for over an hour and its seemingly isnt getting any juice. So Im open to suggestions.

Did you plug the charger in and not turn the phone on after a battery pull where it was off? If so then you will have to find a way to get your battery charged...verizon store....or something then restore.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I went to verizon and they swapped me out a new battery. Came home, the display says "battery ok, ok to program." Fired up terminal, trying to run the file and now I cant type in my password in terminal?? Says to enter password but the keyboard doesnt do anything

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
I went to verizon and they swapped me out a new battery. Came home, the display says "battery ok, ok to program." Fired up terminal, trying to run the file and now I cant type in my password in terminal?? Says to enter password but the keyboard doesnt do anything

Linux likes to keep that a super secret.... type it in and hit enter. It will go.

:)

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I need help...Im at my wits end with this.

First off, I need to be in the fastboot menu on the phone right?? I hold both volume controls and power button to bring up the boot mode menus. I volume down to AP fastboot and volume up to select that. Screen says "battery ok, ok to program, tranfer mode: usb connected." I have terminal open. I have the bionicfastboot folder on my desktop. I am in that directory on the terminal. I drag the one click fastboot restore and root file to the terminal. It says "make sure you are in the ap fastboot menu yada yada", already am. It was saying "enter password" which didnt seem to work. After you said "do it anyway and hit enter" I did.

Now getting this again:

* Flashing system.img
* Wiping data

all because I f'ing accidentally powered off the phone right after I wiped it clean to install that theory rom. *bangs head on desk*

edit - its a non-issue now. I got a phone replacement. I think it was totally screwed up.

Last edited: