[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Check page 15 see my attachment what did I do wrong. According to it the steps eventually worked. Is the other member correct that I should try another USB port. I am the admin I'm running windows 7 64 bit.

bigtex52

Reaction score
It didn't work. What you are seeing are just prompts echoing from the batch file. When you extracted everything from the zip file, how many files were there besides the R3L3AS3DRoot batch file? 11?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Yes take a look I attached what was unzipped. I tried again and still the same.

ripper2860

Reaction score
Got stuck in a boot-loop situation and thought I'd give this a go. Ummmmm. How long should it take to ERASE CACHE on option #1? Been at it about 10 minutes and it still erasing cache. :/

If it's stuck -- what should I do now??

UPDATE. Just did a CTRL-BREAK and ended the process. It re-booted and all seems fine. Now off to ROOT and Forever Root. :D

Last edited:

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Let me know if u can get the root n forever root to work I can't get it to root following this tutorial
Got stuck in a boot-loop situation and thought I'd give this a go. Ummmmm. How long should it take to ERASE CACHE on option #1? Been at it about 10 minutes and it still erasing cache. :/

If it's stuck -- what should I do now??

UPDATE. Just did a CTRL-BREAK and ended the process. It re-booted and all seems fine. Now off to ROOT and Forever Root. :D

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
So I opened the folder installed the .bat file for windows rebooted phone into fastboot selected option 2 receieved Dameon running successfully for 10 minutes and nothing happened so I disconnected. This is not working for some reason what step am I missing. Thanks

hooksworld

Reaction score
Please help... I tried to go from a th3ry rom to a liberty rom. It made it to the main android screen after a wipe. when I press the android I go t a message that it may take a few minutes... after a couple of hours I assumed something was wrong. I have tried to SBF flash using RSD Lite and a recovery file "targa_cdma_targa-user-2.3.4-5.5.1_84_DBN-55-110814-Verizon-US.tar.gz" Goes through the process and starts to make me feel warm and fuzzy and then I get a Fastboot failure. What am I doing wrong? I need my Bionic back. Thanks in advance!

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Please help... I tried to go from a th3ry rom to a liberty rom. It made it to the main android screen after a wipe. when I press the android I go t a message that it may take a few minutes... after a couple of hours I assumed something was wrong. I have tried to SBF flash using RSD Lite and a recovery file "targa_cdma_targa-user-2.3.4-5.5.1_84_DBN-55-110814-Verizon-US.tar.gz" Goes through the process and starts to make me feel warm and fuzzy and then I get a Fastboot failure. What am I doing wrong? I need my Bionic back. Thanks in advance!

What kernel are you on have you done the ota update? What errors did you get when you ran R3L3AS3DRoot?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

rasaun87

Reaction score

Bro dont trip the samething happened to me. Just do factory recovery thing and factory reset. And bam u back in there. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
A little lost here with a couple questions.

What is the difference between root and forever root? How does either one affect OTAs?
What is Fastboot?
Does this also unroot?

Thanks.

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
A little lost here with a couple questions.

What is the difference between root and forever root? How does either one affect OTAs?
What is Fastboot?
Does this also unroot?

Thanks.

Root is just root access on your phone forever your hacks the mount script so you can maintain root during an ota. Fastboot is a program that writes the original system.img back to your phone. And no it didn't unroot per se but there is an option to wipe your phone and reinstall stock unrooted

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk