[ROM] [R3]BLURR3D V2.0 PBX MOTO Kernel (10/22/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstreng

Reaction score
i did the forever root and cheesecake thing and downloaded .893 but i keep getting update failed. Any suggestions?

BlazinBlake

Reaction score
What server ia the update on?? Or do u have to be stock to even see the update?? Currently running v2.0

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
So 2.0 is the 893 base but without the radio and kernel. So that means when the OTA comes we will probably be able to flash the radii & kernel without loosing root I hope

wizard

Reaction score
So 2.0 is the 893 base but without the radio and kernel. So that means when the OTA comes we will probably be able to flash the radii & kernel without loosing root I hope

In the past with rooted Droid devises as long as the Base was = or greater than the OTA you should not even get a Notice for the Update. If you where to flash the Stock OTA right now you would Loose Root.

The protection is "OTA's don't work unless you are Stock with Bloatware" (How ever it can Brick your Phone). Second Clock Work Recovery will stop the Update from continuing unless you Permit it to update.

Any one.... If I am incorrect please correct me but this is just my findings from Rooted Droids of the past.

wizard

Reaction score
What server ia the update on?? Or do u have to be stock to even see the update?? Currently running v2.0

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

staging1 Then agree to the Motorola Terms. It updates from there

(You don't have to be stock to see it but you do have to be stock to Install it. {You have to have forever root, Rooted, and Stock with all Bloatware)

Last edited:

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
I have foreveroot and cheescake installed. When i find the .893 update do i download and install or do i download and then go through the wipe data/cache and root explorer process

Just install when it asks you too

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
These will allow you to NO LONGER LOSE ROOT WHEN UPDATING!!!!

[h=1]Permanent Forever Root for Motorola Smartphones[/h]
[video=youtube;cK2nDadZRS4]http://youtu.be/cK2nDadZRS4[/video]

Once you've done that do this!!

[h=1]Update Bionic to .893 Android System[/h]
[video=youtube;SyUPv1zMbLM]http://youtu.be/SyUPv1zMbLM[/video]

Here's Cheesecake:

*Bootloader Unlock Research* Cheesecake Clarification - xda-developers

zachdroid

Reaction score
Flashing .893 right now with perma root, DHacker, thanks for the info man. You and Th3ory rock the Bionic World!!!

Edit: Flashed it all, new boot animation = off the hook. Update = my phone was faster "stock" then I ever could have imagined it. Letting 2.0 settle in after a hard core update, wipe, flash, boot session. I think the whole process from one-click-fastboot to letting the kernel "relax" was about 35 minutes, maybe even less. The work the incredible developers are doing is nothing short of awesome, especially given the short time these phones have been on the market. I can't wait to see what 2.0 has going on especially with the new OTA. Keep it up guys, I'm loving every minute of this. Thank you.

Zach

Last edited:

millertime1

Reaction score
Just joined the forum and had a quick question. I have tried several ways to get the webtop application on my phone to no avail. I tried installing it from droidmodders website on debloated rom and it didn't work. So I saw that v1.4 added it in so I assumed flashing the newest version would have it baked in but I am unable to find it. Once I installed this ROM I even tried flashing the zip again but it still never shows up. Could someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Just joined the forum and had a quick question. I have tried several ways to get the webtop application on my phone to no avail. I tried installing it from droidmodders website on debloated rom and it didn't work. So I saw that v1.4 added it in so I assumed flashing the newest version would have it baked in but I am unable to find it. Once I installed this ROM I even tried flashing the zip again but it still never shows up. Could someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

Why is it not on there?? It is in the ROM. ????

Webtop starts when it is called on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wats6831

Reaction score
dhacker29 will your White 3XP3RI3NC3 work with 2.0 because I really dig the animation on it?? Will you ever integrate the same Animation into the other themes??
yes It works. I'm using it........it rocks.

What is the advantage to going through all those hoops to get .839?

wats6831

Reaction score
So just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly: we need to use one click recovery to flash back to the stock image and then install the OTA update...then flash back to 2.0? Ug.........:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.