[ROM] [R3]BLURR3D V2.0 PBX MOTO Kernel (10/22/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychlone

Reaction score
I removed google + and rebooted my phone, that seems to eliminate the problem, I can add new contacts once again :)
where did I miss that google + was an issue?
thank you for the suggestion I hope it will help others as well!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I have the same problem, but I've never installed G+ at all.
My problem is a little worse than what was referenced though - ANYTHING that I do inside Contacts causes a FC... I can't open one, I can't add one, I can't edit one... absolutely nothing.

Ideas??

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I have the same problem, but I've never installed G+ at all.
My problem is a little worse than what was referenced though - ANYTHING that I do inside Contacts causes a FC... I can't open one, I can't add one, I can't edit one... absolutely nothing.

Ideas??

how long have you been running the new install?

Psychlone

Reaction score
I flashed 1.7 the day of it's release and didn't realize that I had any issues at all - aside from some battery issues that were working themselves out (with the help of Battery Calibration), the ROM was working excellent... but obviously the need to edit or add contacts is a must.

Since I posted my reply above, I wiped EVERYTHING and restored to a nandroid backup I made prior to installing this ROM, and guess what? Still with the contacts issue - so now I know it was frozen apps in TiBU. went into TiBU, thawed both Yahoo apps and (not surprisingly), I have the ability to add or edit contacts.
Stupid on my part for just not noticing before...

Hope this can help anyone else that may be experiencing the issue of not being able to change contact info at all. Strange that a Google phone would require a Yahoo app for it's contacts... o_O

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I flashed 1.7 the day of it's release and didn't realize that I had any issues at all - aside from some battery issues that were working themselves out (with the help of Battery Calibration), the ROM was working excellent... but obviously the need to edit or add contacts is a must.

Since I posted my reply above, I wiped EVERYTHING and restored to a nandroid backup I made prior to installing this ROM, and guess what? Still with the contacts issue - so now I know it was frozen apps in TiBU. went into TiBU, thawed both Yahoo apps and (not surprisingly), I have the ability to add or edit contacts.
Stupid on my part for just not noticing before...

Hope this can help anyone else that may be experiencing the issue of not being able to change contact info at all. Strange that a Google phone would require a Yahoo app for it's contacts... o_O

I'm guessing it was cheaper to include without stealing it than to come up with something similar just to have their name on it? ???

I would have done that freeze too but as this was my first ever attempt at ROM'img.... I spent WAY to much time moving files while looking and 6x checking against the published safe list, rofl... Paranoids prevail lmao!!!

skaman9876

Reaction score
@DHacker29... real quick question, when flashing this is it standard practice? Wipe cache, and dalvik only then install??? Also, is it safe to flash this when regular 3xp3ri3nc3 has already been installed? I'm assuming these are all correct but just wanted be sure so i don't accidentally nuke my phone and have to use your oneclick and reinstall a nandroid. :) thanks for any input

OK I have made a Hon3yBlu3 3XP3RI3NC3 for those of you that want the new pull down layout with the clear button at the bottom and a cool new pulldown shade :) It is in the BIONICBox

screen_20111014_0018.png
screen_20111014_0046.png

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Dhacker29 care to weight in on my question above or did I wear out my welcome?

I'd pm you about this but I'm on the road 10 hours a day and have yet to find that option in the mobile app, lol.

Last edited:

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Hey dhacker29, have I got something wrong in my understanding? I've had only the glitch caused by the google + APP killing my ability to add contacts... UN installed to fix...
I've been running from about 2+- hours after v1.7 launched with powerboost 2.0 cooked in.
What am I missing from this pb2.0 updated file? Was that different from the cooked in version? I thought it was just a stand alone updated zip from his 1.x file. ???
Any clarification would be awesome. Thanks in advance :)

The updated file in the thread at rw just fixed a typo in the script for the backup location. You do not need the standalone zip.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
The updated file in the thread at rw just fixed a typo in the script for the backup location. You do not need the standalone zip.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Thanks mate! appreciate that confirmation!

chris420o

Reaction score
sooo...my data has gone out like for reall all of a sudden...anyone notice this...not sure if its a rom problem but like the 3g is red instead of white wich is when it works(im themed) and i just have zero data and its not fixing no matter what i do its driving me nuts...anyone have this happen?

zachdroid

Reaction score
sooo...my data has gone out like for reall all of a sudden...anyone notice this...not sure if its a rom problem but like the 3g is red instead of white wich is when it works(im themed) and i just have zero data and its not fixing no matter what i do its driving me nuts...anyone have this happen?

Just happened to me not 5 minutes ago. Had to reboot to get it back. That's the only hiccup for me so far so I'm kind of over it. Sucks that it happened though.

wooddale

Reaction score
You guys think its the rom or just the same old Bionic problem. Iread in another thread about a download from the market caiied restart connections I download it dont know if it makes any difference Im in an extended network on a network extender signals are all screwrd up but I always have been able to get them back using airplane tog.

zachdroid

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's a bionic/radio issue. Not something the rom could do.

BlazinBlake

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to install the th3oryprim3 boot animation??

Or know how to install a different boot animation??

Status
Not open for further replies.