R2D2 QQs

Halaku007

Reaction score
So....My girlfriend bought a brand new R2D2 through sam's club and wanted me to load it with android 2.3 and put the star wars goodies back on there. I did like any good nerd and made a back up through droid 2 bootstrap recovery. SBF'd to 2.3.20 then uploaded android 2.3 and during the Star Wars reintegration process the phone rebooted and I've been unable to do anything with it. It's stuck in a constant boot loop and I feel crippled to fix it. I have a working understanding of this technology....lol. RSD lite is my bane, it refuses to recognize the phone. Ubuntu is an option if I can find alternative programs to try and flash it with other than dosbf (it just random closes and does nothing else when I try to run it). That's what I had to do with my droid x and I've been scouring the vast wastelands of google's useless "hits" trying to find a solution to this problem I'm having after 14 hours of trying to figure it out....Any help would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated and make dancedroid....and maybe a little :icon_ banana:

Thank you!

OP
H

Halaku007

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the only things I can do with the phone are get into bootloader D2.37 and android's basic recovery. Also, the back up failed since I forgot to mention that.

louy99

Reaction score
R u trying to sbf on a windows 7 OS?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
H

Halaku007

Reaction score
louy99 - yes, I am using Windows 7 pro (64 bit) glad I skipped the vista generation for the most part lol.
brad92 - yes, unfortunately I was very thorough trying to wipe the data and cache. it would just prolong the boot cycle. I'll give ezSBF a shot, wish me luck. lol

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The CD is a great way to sbf. So much easier and its almost impossible for things to go wrong.

CM74DX

louy99

Reaction score
A lot of people including myself have had trouble sbfing on W7. If you can get to a computer with XP, I bet it will sbf just fine

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
H

Halaku007

Reaction score
ok, it looks like the ezSBF worked out perfectly. Although, I had to restart the computer a few times for it to load properly. I even got the r2d2 back to near stock condition with droid 2 bootstrap recovery backup I made prior to SBF'ing to 2.3.20. It's got the basic 2.4.5 SBF even (pre-2.3.20). I was a bit surprised to see it revert back because of how many times I see that you can't go back, ever. Only difference now is that it's rooted. I'm going to try and see if I can devote the next couple days to *properly* backing up the Star Wars content since titanium backup failed miserably in doing so.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok, it looks like the ezSBF worked out perfectly. Although, I had to restart the computer a few times for it to load properly. I even got the r2d2 back to near stock condition with droid 2 bootstrap recovery backup I made prior to SBF'ing to 2.3.20. It's got the basic 2.4.5 SBF even (pre-2.3.20). I was a bit surprised to see it revert back because of how many times I see that you can't go back, ever. Only difference now is that it's rooted. I'm going to try and see if I can devote the next couple days to *properly* backing up the Star Wars content since titanium backup failed miserably in doing so.

Awesome. Glad its fixed.

CM74DX

chasehammer

Reaction score

hey let me know if you get this to work, i backed up using bootstrap and Root Explorer i have the apk files and all but after flashing GB to my r2d2 it didnt like 1/2 of the star wars apks. I finally gave up on trying to flash it back to R2D2 stuff...