R2D2 Hoth theme - ADW Pearly White mod

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by CaptainShar, Dec 27, 2010.

1. CaptainShar

CaptainShar New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So! I got an R2D2 Droid 2 for Christmas (yay!) and wanted to expand the R2d2 theme. I decided to make a Hoth theme to start with.

I am using the static AT-AT sketch wallpaper as the starting point for this theme. It will also be perfect with the Tauntaun sketch, C-3PO, the AT-AT poster, or the light blue Empire Strikes Back poster wallpapers. Any of the black, gray, or blue wallpapers (like the R2D2 body, or the lightspeed live wallpaper) will work as well, although I might make something more colorful if I switch to one of those.

Launcher: ADW**
    Base theme: Pearly White TW (free in the market)

I chose Pearly White because the icon style is slick and white like all of the Rebel Alliance tech in Star Wars, and quite a few icons are supported.

Tweaks:

Note: These three theme mods are made in the ADW settings, which is under Desktop > Menu button > More > ADW Settings
    * Desktop icons the right size: Screen Preferences > Hide icon labels (X), Desktop Columns (5), Desktop Rows (8)
    * App drawer icy blue: Drawer Settings > Background color (#41002fff, or just pick a dark blue and turn down the alpha to about a quarter)
    * Dock match the other icons: UI Settings > Main Dock Style (3), Desktop dots (X), AB size (5), Dock Icons Tint (X), Tint Color (#ff0a0a0a, or pick a dark gray)

* Wallpaper - set to "wallpaper_6atat2"
    * Widget - R2D2 clock 3x2 on the home screen

If I missed anything that you see in the screenshots and that you're curious about, please PM me and I'll update this post.

Also, if you figure out a way for the icons to not be smushed in the desktop horizontal view, please post or let me know!

When I get tired of Hoth, I will likely try something different for good ol' Artoo, so keep an eye out for a colorful Dagobah theme or a military Boba Fett theme in the future.

** My phone is running Droid 2 Fission. My boyfriend and I decided to hack it to make future updates easier and to have access to more custom ROMs. I saved all of the R2D2 special wallpapers and widgets before I wiped my phone for the new installation. If you want to see how we did this, go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-r2-d2-droid-2-keep-all-r2-d2-theme-bits.html.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Cool!!

Sent from somewhere...
  3. CaptainShar

CaptainShar New Member

Thanks! I've edited the first post to contain instructions now. :)
  4. Ecnassianer

Ecnassianer New Member

I was disappointed by the amount of theming that came with the R2-D2 phone. I was expecting something as extensive as what you did. Good job finishing what Motorola started. :D

You've got the coolest phone in North America.
Search tags for this page

adw star wars theme free

droid 2 r2d2 theme
future theme adw

r2d2 adw theme

r2d2 desktop icon

r2d2 s4 theme

r2d2 theme

r2d2 theme for note 2

r2d2 themes for themer

www net mod theme