R2D2 BootAnimation and Wallpapers

mikespe

Reaction score
Anyway to get these without having to sign up on another forum? Thanks for posting these!

SangYuP

Reaction score
I got the sound to work, I overwrote the bootup.ogg file with the d2_r2d2_pu.ogg one. Not perfect in the sync of it, but it works.

where's the bootup.ogg?
Fire up Root Explorer> /system/media

I have the d2 and I don't see the bootup.ogg file in that path. Only the zip file and the r2d2 ogg file. The OP mentioned that he got the sound to work on the d2...I wonder what he/she did???

By the way, I ended up deleting all the duplicate ringtones, alarms, etc from the zip file before installing so I wouldn't get the duplicate listings afterwards...

OP
event121

event121

Reaction score
I got it to work by editing build.prop with some stuff from the droid x forum to enable a boot sound, overwriting the bootup.ogg file with a custom one that had the star wars opening theme from droid-life.com, editing a .txt file in the bootupanimation.zip, and then moving audio files back and forth until finally everything crapped out. So now I got either a silent but very nice bootup animation or a blank bootup screen.

Having no idea what I did or how I got it to work (and I went further b/c I had a Jabba the Hut laugh that wasn't playing correctly) I went back to my backup files and am now back to a silent boot and I use the custom star wars sound to play for the SD card notification.

If anyone finds a way to get a sound to play during the starfield or r2d2 animation please share!