R2-D2 Live Wallpapers Unlocked, Get Your Millennium Falcon On!

neilrl79

Reaction score
No matter what I do it keeps force closing, has anyone gotten the R2-D2 one to work on a Droid1? If so, how did you install? What am I doing wrong?

CellZealot

Reaction score
All of these work on the Droid 1 and were tested prior to release.

You just use adb shell or a terminal or Root Explorer to put the apks in /system/app and chmod 644 and reboot.
I took the whole /system/media/audio directory from the R2D2 and dropped it on the sdcard of my D1 and all the sounds worked too.

BlackMarket

Reaction score
No matter what I do it keeps force closing, has anyone gotten the R2-D2 one to work on a Droid1? If so, how did you install? What am I doing wrong?
If you are refering to the Boot animation... the one I got through DROIDLIFE was a two part Boot Animation... both need to go to the Data/Local folder.

neilrl79

Reaction score
All of these work on the Droid 1 and were tested prior to release.

You just use adb shell or a terminal or Root Explorer to put the apks in /system/app and chmod 644 and reboot.
I took the whole /system/media/audio directory from the R2D2 and dropped it on the sdcard of my D1 and all the sounds worked too.

Ok, I have it in /system/app but it force closes, what is chmod 644? Maybe that's what I'm not doing? Thanks in advance for helping me out with this.

neilrl79

Reaction score
Ok,sorry for the second post but I can't seem to edit... I did some searching and figured out that chmod 644 was about permissions, what I have now is... rw-r--r-- is this correct?

CellZealot

Reaction score
chmod 644 means to set the permissions for that file in the OS to rw-r--r--, which is required for all system apks.

Again, you use adb shell, terminal, or Root Explorer to set the permissions for each apk.

neilrl79

Reaction score
chmod 644 means to set the permissions for that file in the OS to rw-r--r--, which is required for all system apks.

Again, you use adb shell, terminal, or Root Explorer to set the permissions for each apk.

CAP2010090822531.jpg

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I can pick it from the live wallpaper menu but it force closes instantly.

CellZealot

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't really know either...that is all I did and they worked after a reboot.
They seemed to run slow the first time I viewed each of them and then worked normally afterward. I didn't spend a great deal of time testing them since they seemed to work fine. I was running at 1000Mhz on a custom AOSP ROM to match the speed of the OMAP3630 in the D2.

I didn't do anything special so I can't help much troubleshooting your issue.

neilrl79

Reaction score
I'm currently running UltimateDroid8 so just out of curiosity I restored a nandroid back-up of when i was running the deodexed frg22d and sure enough the wallpapers worked perfectly on that rom. So now I'm going try to figure out why UD8 doesn't get along with these wallpapers.

Robster

Reaction score
Any place to get the live wallpapers besides mydroidworld.com? I don't feel like signing up to just to get them. Thanks.

Robster

Reaction score
Thanks, Blackmarket. They all seem to work fine on my Droid 1.