R U watching UR data so you don't go over plan limits?

nomadicnut

Reaction score
Myself having unlimited 4G data I think about how lucky I am.

As an example, today I watched the IndyCar race with my phone. I would never have enjoyed that w/o an unlimited plan. I would find myself constantly looking at my data usage. Simply put that would suck. I stream radio shows at night falling asleep and never worry about it shutting off. I Skype with my mom and could care less how long we talk. I watch old westerns (Gunsmoke) on YouTube.

You see what I mean. My question is, how often are you thinking about data on a plan that defines thresholds like 2 or 4 Gig's. Or does it not even matter as you never use all your data....... or if you do you simply pay the per GB charge and could care less.

Last edited:

Beka27

Reaction score
I've always had unlimited and will for the next couple years... so I guess we'll see what happens two summers from now. I've never been cautious with usage (3g on my DX) but I'm not sure what 4g will bring. I'm not planning on using wifi.

Relex

Reaction score
Nope I have unlimited. I listen to slacker all day at work for 8-10 hours a day, watch netflix a lot and I'm always surfing the internet. I pre ordered the galaxy s3 so I could keep my unlimited data and if for some reason I can't keep my unlimited data I'll switch to Sprint. I go over 2 gigs of data and refuse to sit back and check my data all of the time.

nikecar

Reaction score
Sicne Verizon is already thinking of ways to get us off unlimited, I don't plan on watching my limits. 2 yrs from now we may all be booted off it. If I use 1GB UD and soemone else on a 10GB plan used 10GB, the only difference between us is that I pay less than even the new 1GB rates but I don't tax the network any more. However Since I pay less, verizon would want me to pay more just because.

I feel no love anymore.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I'm on unlimited right now. About once a month I check in to see what I used, just out of curiousity, to see what kind of plan I'd need to get with my current usage, if I decide to upgrade my line now that I'd have to get on a tierd plan. I average about 5GB or so a month. I use WiFi while at work and at home, and don't tether.. most of my usage comes from streaming Netflix at the gym or at my boyfriends house using HDMI on his TV.

nikecar

Reaction score
Sicne Verizon is already thinking of ways to get us off unlimited, I don't plan on watching my limits. 2 yrs from now we may all be booted off it. If I use 1GB UD and soemone else on a 10GB plan used 10GB, the only difference between us is that I pay less than even the new 1GB rates but I don't tax the network any more. However Since I pay less, verizon would want me to pay more just because.

I feel no love anymore.

My cycle ends on the 9th of every month. Last month I think I was at 5GB. Today, as of when I woke up, I was already at 3GB.

So....... What does this mean??? It means I've started an official challenge... 1GB a Day!!!! Will I be able to? Can I achieve 1 GB a day all month???? ooooooooohhhhhhh

And that was just some youtube, not much, but mainly Google Music streams. I listen to alot of large (1-2hr music mixes) and even if I select don't cache and don't stream in HQ, it still adds up.

so 30GB (actually 31 this month- darn you Julius Caesar!!!) here I come!!!!

Kobe24

Reaction score
I don't have to keep track of it since we have unlimited! (thankfully), but I will check at the end of billing cycle just because I'm interested to see how much I've used :)

nikecar

Reaction score
i like to keep track to see how much I use, not to be careful I don't go over my unlimited.

Onwards and upwards to 31!!!

huskur

Reaction score
I have unlimited and plan on keeping it as long as I can. If I am ever pressured out of it I will get a basic phone and a wifi tablet. If they are forcing me to pay outrageous prices and use wifi primarily I will just get a wifi only tablet and use wifi exclusively.

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
Huskur I agree. I would forgo my smartphone and go wifi also. Get a throwaway for voice.

BlueSun

Reaction score

I feel no love anymore.

I'm grandfathered on unlimited. However, my wife, who just moved up to my old Droid Bionic (which had unlimited under my ownership) now finds herself facing paying a penny more for 2GB than I pay for unlimited. It won't be a problem for her immediately, since this is her first smartphone and she really doesn't do a lot of data downloading via 4G, but she is learning fast. The only way we can communicate our displeasure to VW is to leave at the next renewal point and invest in the new unlocked, contract-free Google Nexus Jelly Bean 4.1 phones. Then we can move from provider to provider based on who gives us the best service for the fairest prices. VW will have to modify its entire rate structure if it wants to compete with the new Google Android 4.1 phones. For that matter, scuttlebutt has it that LTE won't be supported in the new unlocked Google phones, and, since Google recently purchased Motorola Mobility, VW and Sprint may well be at the top of a long slide down in the market. It will teach them a lesson for relying on lock-in to hold their customers while services decreased and costs increased. In the end, everybody pays the penalty for their arrogance.

jtc303

Reaction score
If they try to screw us out of unlimited Im gone... they make plenty of $ ... god forbid they give us what we want (and pay substantially for)

rcl10801

Reaction score
I just called to upgrade my device and the guy told me I would have to switch to a different plan, that my unlimited plan was no longer available. Even though I could have done the order online and kept the unlimited as an option. I think Verizon will try to pressure existing users into metered plans. I told them to go ahead and cancel the order.