r u using a RAZR + foxfi + nexus 7 ? How's it working?

s_cuttic

Reaction score
Sydman said:
I have never had luck with FoxFi, I use WiFi tether that requires root to connect my Nexus 7 and have never had any problems.

Same here. FoxFi would work for a few minutes to an hour then my data would be disabled and I'd have to toggle airplane mode or reboot the phone. Wifi tether works great for me. I never have problems. It took some playing around with to get it to work for the first time on ICS but now it works every time.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
I seem to have a unique problem with foxfi. Funny thing is, I've had the same problem with three straight phones. Whenever I turn on foxfi my data speed immediately slows down to the point that I can't even use it. Doesn't matter what I'm trying to connect to. I haven't seen a single other person with this complaint.

drunkclever

Reaction score
Well foxfi has been working great for us.. me on RAZR Max ics and my nexus 7... but now my nexus 7 wants to be updated to jelly bean 4.1.2... anyone have problems connecting your RAZR Max and nexus 7 on jelly bean 4.1.2??? (Have not updated the nexus 7 to 4.1.2)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

s_cuttic

Reaction score
I could never get foxfi to work when someone else tried to connect to my wifi. If I use wifi tether, they can connect no problem but foxfi just doesn't let them. I tried with and without using security and even with and without proxy serving. I don't remember what their phone would say...connecting to network or maybe it'd even say acquiring IP address but then it wouldn't connect. I only tried to connect with other droids and no iPhones so I can't say for sure if they'd work or not. My brother has at&t and there were places he had no signal or no 3G and I had full 3G. 4G wasn't in my area back then.

RicKaysen

Reaction score
I used FoxFi all the time with my RAZR Maxx and laptop...worked with my Nexus & too, but as soon as I switched to the RAZR M I can no longer tether. I keep getting a message to call an 800 Verizon number to "process my order"