QWERTY Keyboard messing up

Tfurbie83

Reaction score
Got my replacement Droid 2 global today. When I hit the "T" key on the QWERTY keyboard, it quickly types n5? and then puts it to sleep (as if I had hit the power button). When I hit the "B" key, it types.. "li3b fs" and opens up the dialer... Bad keyboard or setting? I've already disable all the hotkeys. Any help?

Last edited:

Jonas

Reaction score
Try a factory reset. Thats actually kind of a funny problem, and I should laugh at your problems, but this would amuse me for hours. But I guess we all have our own priorities. If the factory reset doesn't fix it, then I would take it back and POLITELY explain your problem to VZW reps, and usually they will call foul on themselves, and ship you out a replacement quickly. It sounds like a horrible ROM instal gone awful.

OP
T

Tfurbie83

Reaction score
Thanks. I called Verizon. They are sending me a replacement/upgrade, the Droid 3. Said the keyboard was inverted. Just an annoyance now until Monday. Funny, I've been through 6 phones( Droid to Droid 3) all in 2011 because of refurbished and/or bad phones! All for free!