Quite possibly THE BEST protection case for the MAXX

altjx

Reaction score
I love Otterbox. However, I really love the Commutable case. It doesn't make the phone look too big, but still provides protection.

OP
iSilentP

iSilentP

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, 94lt1. I'll try it out and let you know how it worked for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
I had the Otterbox commuter on my Razr and liked the size but the plastic was slippery. When I got the Maxx, I went with the Defender series. Although it is bulkier, it fits my big hands better and isn't slippery like the Commuter. It still fits in the pocket fine and gives an extra bit of protection.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

altjx

Reaction score
I had the Otterbox commuter on my Razr and liked the size but the plastic was slippery. When I got the Maxx, I went with the Defender series. Although it is bulkier, it fits my big hands better and isn't slippery like the Commuter. It still fits in the pocket fine and gives an extra bit of protection.

I actually agree with you 100%. I dropped my phone the second day I had it, because it slipped from my shoulder/face while on the phone. And it almost fell right out of my hand once before. I wish they just had a little more grip to it on the back at least.

altjx

Reaction score
Is a screen protector necessary with the Otterbox Defender?
ht1.jpg
jh88.jpg
test.jpg
huang10

Good question. This was another downfall too I had about the Defender. As I was writing my previous post, I was wondering to myself if it was easy to detach the Otterbox Defender's screen protector somehow. If so, I think I may consider getting it.

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Jeffrey249 said:
Is a screen protector necessary with the Otterbox Defender?

I do not use one but could. I find the built in protector is very clear and scratch resistant enough to keep in place. It seems to cleanup better than a couple protectors I've used....and alot easier to take off and reinstall if want to go naked.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
iSilentP said:
Thanks for the tips, 94lt1. I'll try it out and let you know how it worked for me.

No problem, glad I could help :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

txretro

Reaction score
To the OP - The Otter Box rocks! Had one for my Crackberry 8330. Got caught in the rain while riding my motorcycle, Crackberry was in my outside vest pocket getting wet for a good 45 minutes. Didn't even think about my phone being out in the elements. I should have waited for the storm to pass, but anyway.... Otter Box saved my phone. I was soaked to the bone, wallet soaked, boots soaked. Yeah I should have waited the rain out, but w/o the OB I seriously doubt my phone would have survived. Pricey, yes. Well worth the investment. Recently (last Friday) upgraded to the Droid Razor Maxx. Wanted to put my old SD card in it, and yeah almost tore a nail off. It's a great case though. I'll be asking questions in the near future on how to configure my Droid to my liking. Hoping I can find the answers here!

Kimo91

Reaction score
I got an Otterbox for my Maxx 2 days after my Maxx came in and I love it. Yeah makes my Razr Maxx feel bulky but it did save my screen when I dropped my phone on concrete twice now and nothing happened.

Sent from my Sith powered and rooted DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
iSilentP

iSilentP

Reaction score
I got an Otterbox for my Maxx 2 days after my Maxx came in and I love it. Yeah makes my Razr Maxx feel bulky but it did save my screen when I dropped my phone on concrete twice now and nothing happened.

Sent from my Sith powered and rooted DROID RAZR MAXX

Here's hoping it would do that for me when the time comes. ;-)

huskur

Reaction score
I love Otterbox. However, I really love the Commutable case. It doesn't make the phone look too big, but still provides protection.

+1 on the Otterbox Commuter case. The defender is way to bulky. The Commuter is perfect in size and protects great. You can use your phone as a hockey puck if need be!

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
huskur said:
+1 on the Otterbox Commuter case. The defender is way to bulky. The Commuter is perfect in size and protects great. You can use your phone as a hockey puck if need be!

And with how slippery it is, it will slide across the ice real easily....;)

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
I bought an otterbox commuter for my Max, but it was just to bulky for me. very great design and very well protected, but my hands had a hard time grasping it. (I was born without gorilla hands)

But I did find a sleek alternative! The SEIDIO for MAXX And I absolutely love it. Pluses it doesn't get stuck in my pocket like the silicon from the otterboxs sides.
Got it off Amazon and happy with my purchase. Still got the otterbox In my room, brand new basically. If anyones in Houston Tx and interested in it send me a pm.
Sent from my Fist, using your Face

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I agree with most that the Commuter case is a bit slippery but it has not been a problem for me (yet). I would just rather have than the more bulky Defender case, plus the extra lint magnet properties of the Defender when coming out of pockets.

Ottorbox Commuter and a Steinheil Ultra Fine screen protector and I feel my baby is well protected.