Quirks/Issues with the Charge

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Zetsumei, May 20, 2011.

1. sir2545

sir2545 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone having issues with voice search? No matter what I say it always gets it wrong. It's getting on my nerves to the point that I'm ready to return it because I use this feature alot for navigating and texting. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

2. J9Bink

J9Bink New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid Charge Email Settings ridiculous

Issues:

Droid Charge only archives up to 200 emails. If you get an more, it dumps your old emails even if you haven't read them yet. No folders to archive emails.

Battery is only 6 hours if you're lucky.

Verizon 4G network times out.

Clunky "apps"

I hate this phone. I just switched to the Droid Charge from a Blackberry Curve. Did a lot of research before I did it. I guess I should remember what Mark Twain said about reporters regurgitating what the first guy writes about. These are MAJOR issues for a person who needs robust email AND robust internet access for work.

3. vizbiz

vizbiz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Charge should store as many emails as you have space. Check your account settings and make sure your "amount to sync" is set to "all" (i believe it is set to 3 days as a default).

My battery is now lasting all day (10-12 hours). I did a factory reset and did NOT enable the backups, facebook app and twitter. And that is without the battery optimizer apps!

I didn't care for it when i originally purchased it because of the battery life but now I LOVE this phone!!!

4. Kenasam

Kenasam New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Network connection not displaying at top of phone

I've now had my Droid Charge for 24 hours, and about 5 hours ago it stopped displaying the 3G or 4G network at the top of the phone. It acts as though it is definitely connected to 4G, as things are moving amazingly fast. But I like to see that display. Does anyone know why it disappeared or how I can get it back?
    :icon_eek:

5. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try going into airplane mode and then turning off airplane mode maybe thatll do it

6. Kenasam

Kenasam New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, thanks for the idea. After trying it with no result, I realized that I had the wifi enabled and my phone was connected through my router here at home. I disabled the wifi and then the 4G display instantly reappeared at the top of the phone as it got its signal elsewhere. It all makes sense now.
    Thanks for your suggestion.

7. thig95

thig95 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Charge for over 24 hours now and the battery life seems pathetic. I did most of my setup while plugged in and let the battery drain down and did a full charge (which took forever). I got just about 6 hours before needing recharge. That is NOT what i expected. My rooted D1 was better. Im running launcher pro and a handful of widgets on stock setup so nothing crazy. Hope it is just because the battery is new :-\

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

8. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Give it time. After a few weeks my battery life has significantly improved. You might also consider the extended battery. I have no issues with the form factor of the extended battery life and you can go all day doing anything you want with that battery.

Search tags for this page
boost droid charge signal
droid charge improve signal
droid charge volume issues
droid charge volume problems
droid charge volume rocker problems
how to increase volume on samsung charge phone
increase signal strength on samsung charge

samsung charge call problems

samsung droid charge phone dialer very slow
why does my droid charge ding ding when its on charge