1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Quirks/Issues with the Charge

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Zetsumei, May 20, 2011.

1. Zetsumei

Zetsumei New Member

After using this phone for a few days there are a few things I noticed, not sure if it's just me or if others are also experiencing these events.

1.) In call volume seems kinda low even 1t 40% + it's not terrible, could be standard to this phone. Not sure if the thunderbolt had a bigger speaker in the earpiece.

2.) When using the stock dialer when you increase the in call volume, it freezes up the dialer after a few increases/decreases.

3.) Takes awhile for calls to connect even w/ great signal strength

That's pretty much everything I notice, otherwise this is a pretty sweet phone! dancedroid:icon_ banana:. Please input any oddities that you have had w/ the charge, and or confirm any of my listings. Thanks!
  2. jwd45244

jwd45244 New Member

I have had my droid Charge since Tuesday and am not experiencing any of the issues you describe.
  3. sdime98

sdime98 New Member

picked up my charge Thursday, switching over from an original Moto Droid...a few things i became accustomed to, that I wish the Charge had, or things that stand out to me so far:

- Slowwww battery charge with USB or Car Charger, however fairly fast charging via wall outlet.
    - external speaker not nearly as loud as my OG Droid.
    - no charge percentage on the lockscreen, while charging, just a little tidbit i referred to alot with my Droid.
    - While Charging, the screen does not stay active, it will go into sleep mode, thus causing me to have to go through the lockscreen everytime i go back to the phone...don't know if I have the ability to change this, haven't had a ton of time to sit down and tweak around on this phone.
  4. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Nothing so far except the ding from me dropping it:icon_evil:
  5. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

Go to phone settings, applications, development and make sure the stay awake when charging box is checked.

Edit:
    I don't think what I told you up above works for Samsung devices, like that does on Moto devices, but it's worth a shot.

Why am I not using my TB you ask. My droid needs some love too.
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  6. Import roller

Import roller New Member

subbing for updates on any issues. Plan on getting one soon
  7. Svonavja

Svonavja New Member

After 2 days here is my thoughts.

CONS
    -No LED message indicator on the front
    -Battery life not what they claim (a little better than Half what they claim)
    -Lame Calendar
    -Unable to change the size of widgets (motorola can)

PROS
    -Amazing Screen clarity
    -Ability to lock-in CDMA (3G) only mode
    -Light weight
    -Nice looking Optional Extended Battery

Overall I like this phone although like most I would love to have this and the TB but I can only have one. I am still up in the air if I made the right choice....I have time to decide for sure.
  8. elucid

elucid New Member

I tried this via the settings menu an I don't get any network connect at all when I select CDMA only.
  9. Svonavja

Svonavja New Member

Thats not good, I have been in CDMA all day testing the Battery life. Hold down the power button and verify that Data Network mode says that it is Activated. If not take it to active it.
  10. elucid

elucid New Member

I had to uncheck and check use packet data (same menu). Then my 3G came on. Wow, and the 3G speedtest speed is atrocious! 0.28Mbps down and .32Mbps up. Is the 3G radio on the Charge complete garbage?
  11. mspampi

mspampi New Member

Must be your area.. I got 1mbps down, 850k up on 3G. The 4G is slower lately my first test a few days ago was 12/4, now its around 5/1. Meh
  12. madhatter

madhatter New Member

Hi. Just switched from a d1. Is there a way to turn auto punctuation on? I didn't notice in the setting screen? Just an fyi when I first got this phone it had all kinds of issues. The biggest being it would shut off and restart all the time. I brought it back, they gave me another phone and I haven't had any problems since other than it won't auto punctuate.
  13. elucid

elucid New Member

What other issues did you have?
  14. Svonavja

Svonavja New Member

So after leaving work at 4pm I used my Charge all evening and didn't charge it all night and still have over 75% battery life left....signal is weak at work and eats the batt. So the battery life it terrific! FYI

EDIT:
    Also if you want to see the battery status while it's turned off plug it in and tap the power button.
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
  15. vizbiz

vizbiz New Member

I can't get more than 6 hours out of mine! Did you buy your from Verizon or from Samsung or???
  16. sir2545

sir2545 New Member

Is anyone having issues with voice search? No matter what I say it always gets it wrong. It's getting on my nerves to the point that I'm ready to return it because I use this feature alot for navigating and texting. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  17. J9Bink

J9Bink New Member

Droid Charge Email Settings ridiculous

Issues:

Droid Charge only archives up to 200 emails. If you get an more, it dumps your old emails even if you haven't read them yet. No folders to archive emails.

Battery is only 6 hours if you're lucky.

Verizon 4G network times out.

Clunky "apps"

I hate this phone. I just switched to the Droid Charge from a Blackberry Curve. Did a lot of research before I did it. I guess I should remember what Mark Twain said about reporters regurgitating what the first guy writes about. These are MAJOR issues for a person who needs robust email AND robust internet access for work.
  18. vizbiz

vizbiz New Member

The Charge should store as many emails as you have space. Check your account settings and make sure your "amount to sync" is set to "all" (i believe it is set to 3 days as a default).

My battery is now lasting all day (10-12 hours). I did a factory reset and did NOT enable the backups, facebook app and twitter. And that is without the battery optimizer apps!

I didn't care for it when i originally purchased it because of the battery life but now I LOVE this phone!!!
  19. Kenasam

Kenasam New Member

Network connection not displaying at top of phone

I've now had my Droid Charge for 24 hours, and about 5 hours ago it stopped displaying the 3G or 4G network at the top of the phone. It acts as though it is definitely connected to 4G, as things are moving amazingly fast. But I like to see that display. Does anyone know why it disappeared or how I can get it back?
    :icon_eek:
  20. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Try going into airplane mode and then turning off airplane mode maybe thatll do it
Search tags for this page
boost droid charge signal
droid charge improve signal
droid charge raise in call volume
droid charge volume problems
droid charge volume rocker problems
how to increase volume on samsung charge phone
increase signal strength on samsung charge

samsung charge call problems

samsung droid charge calling problems
samsung droid charge phone dialer very slow
samsung droid charge volume increases