Quiet Time

vfr64

Reaction score
Is there an app that will silence e-mail and text notifications between certain hours of the night yet allow the phone to ring or vibrate? Otherwise, I silence my droid 1 completely when I go to bed at night so I'm not awakened when a junk e-mail comes thru. Thanks.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Does setting it to silent (while enabling vibrate on silent in the settings) every night before bed work? failing that you could try an app like Silence / Quiet Time! but that's also manual.

I know the latest CM 6 nightlies have a built-in quiet hours feature.

OP
V

vfr64

Reaction score
Haven't tried that but I am currently using SilentMode but that shuts off the ringer and vibrating function altogether. If someone were to call me in the middle of the night in an emergency, I'd never know it so I'd like to be able to just shut off the e-mail and text notifications during sleepy time but still be able to get phone calls.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Is there a problem with setting it so it can vibrate on silent mode? Mine is the phone doesn't vibrate enough all the time on incoming notifications. :D

FormerlyStorm

Reaction score
Try timeriffic. It's awesome and definately a must have. You can create as many schedules for shutting things off, turning things on as like.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

harrellj

Reaction score
If you want to go the schedule route, there's Locale and Tasker as well.

OP
V

vfr64

Reaction score
Update...loaded Timeriffic and it is teriffic! Since e-mails and texts trigger notifications, the app lets you assign certain times for either the ringer and/or notifications to occur. This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks everyone for your help.

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Update...loaded Timeriffic and it is teriffic! Since e-mails and texts trigger notifications, the app lets you assign certain times for either the ringer and/or notifications to occur. This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks everyone for your help.

You'll probably like Tasker even more.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
...unless the learning curve is too steep for the OP. Some people just want appliance apps. I'd suggest Tasker as it's far more versatile.