Quiet Ring on Pickup

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
So apparently the droid incredible has a "Quiet Ring on Pickup" option under sound & display in the settings. I think its something like that one app where if you get a call and are in a meeting or something, you can flip the phone over to silence it. This was a cool idea when i was in school and actually had to worry about that sort of thing, but on the weekends and during vacations (like right now) i want to be able to actually hear my phone when it rings. I have the option unchecked, but the phone still does it for some reason. any ideas why this is? or how to fix it? at first i thought it was just me, but today i was sitting on the couch with my phone face down next to me. it rang, so i picked it up and turned it over to see who it was, and it immediately stopped ringing. it does this all the time when it is in my pocket as well (the slightest movement silences the ringer). this is very annoying and im sure there is any easy fix. it doesnt do it all the time, but does it enough to where i miss calls regularly.

oh and while im on the topic of complaining about missing calls, another thing my phone does regularly is the slide to unlock bar glitches and wont respond to any touch (it just stays there). so i cant answer the call and just have to press the power button to hang up on them and then try to call them back. very annoying

any help would be much appreciated. thanks!

OP
S

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
oh and i got another problem with calls too. three times today, people have tried to call me. but when i check my phone, in the notifications bar i see the little icon for google voice (they all left voicemails) but i dont see the icon for missed call. the phone didnt even ring and doesnt even recognize a call even came through. and also (i tested this out today) i dont know if this is a problem with my phone or a problem with the network, but when i call my phone from a different phone, it rings three to four times before my phone actually recognizes it is being called and starts to ring and vibrate. i tested it again using the same phone but calling my moms env3 instead, and the ringer turned on almost instantly (first ring). why is it doing this?

ffej89

Reaction score
Did you do a reboot by pulling the battery. I had the same issue when i picked up my phone it would silence but i work construction and that feature is terrible. After i changed the setting it still did it until i did a reboot. Worth a shot

OP
S

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
oh and on top of all the call problems i stated above, whenever i try to take pictures, the camera force closes i would say around 1 out of every 3 pics taken (and i always lose the pic it fc'd on). just little tiny things like that sorta bug me haha

OP
S

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
i have been having this problem daily now. i will have my phone sitting stationary on something, and i will hear it ring for a split second, then it will silence itself. but the call is still there, just not sound/vibrate. then phone isnt even being moved, it just stops ringing!

edmangum

Reaction score
Incredible Ringer Stops after 1-2 seconds

I have the exact same problem intermittently. The phone rings for about 1 or 2 seconds and then stops ("Quiet Ring on Pickup" is not checked). This happens if I am carrying the phone or if it is sitting on a table. It's quite aggravating. I even had Verizon send me a brand new replacement but it does the exact same thing. I've done a factory reset and pulled the battery but this issue still periodically occurs (1/3 to 1/2 of my calls). HTC and VZW technical support have been of no help. Anybody have any suggestions?

Last edited:

mamawm

Reaction score
i think it's an htc thing. i have an eris and i have this issue too. my phone has been replaced once already for this issue. and the second one does it too. i finally changed the slot cycle to 0 last week and now at least i am getting missed call notices. (pardon me for trolling the inc. forum, but i haven't found a solution to this problem in the eris forum and was hoping to find something over here)

barbee

Reaction score
try disabling GOogle Voice and see if that works. Chances are, if you got a replacement and it still does it, its a setup issue

edmangum

Reaction score
Thanks for the disable Google voice suggestion. The problem is I don't have Google voice enabled and never did. Any other suggestions for this half-ring bug? Thanks in advance.

texastech

Reaction score
Ringer Stops after 1-2 Seconds

I too am having the same problem with the Verizon HTC incredible ringing for a second or two and quitting. To further add to the situation, as many times as not, when I get the blip of a ring, the phone will answer and if I don't happen to hear the blip of a ring, it will be setting there with a live microphone. I have had it replaced twice, the first time with a re-certified like-new and the second time with a new phone from a different manufacturer. Verizon has said that they would upgrade me to a Droid X if it continues to be a problem which it has. But, it sounds like the X is having more ring issues than the Dinc.

NeoRye

Reaction score
etiquette mode

There is a thing called "etiquette mode" where if the phone is laying face down it will only ring a half ring. Try facing it up and see if it does the same thing.