QuickOffice Pro vs Free

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by zirkdog, Mar 22, 2012.

1. zirkdog

zirkdog New Member

Today (3/22/12) the QuickOffice Pro app is on sale for $4.99 through the Amazon appstore. Regular price is $14.99.

My Bionic came with a free version of quickoffice and after some extensive google searching I can't find any one place that breaks down the differences between the free version I have and the paid version. Any help here???
  2. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

Usually if the phone comes with the program installed, then it is the paid version. The difference between the two, would be that the free version would only allow you to view docs on your bionic and the paid version allows you to create and edit as well.

Try editing/creating a document with the version you have. If it works, no need to buy the paid version.
  3. zirkdog

zirkdog New Member

I did some more searching and I think i found the answer. It looks like Moto/Verizon paid to have the app installed via blaotware. It looks like it's the full version (i can creat all sorts of documents), the only catch is it's some sort of special version bertween Moto/Verizon and Quickoffice. Thus it never gets updated.
  4. PARick

PARick New Member

At 4.99, it is a steal. I paid the higher price, and have never regretted it. I am able to edit document on the plane...well worth it. The free app only allows you to view a document.
  5. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

Good "bloatware". :) And everybody thinks bloatware is bad. I kinda like that it works and does not get updated: then you know it can't get worse because of an update, that plagues SO MANY apps today.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
  6. SmokinHawtVegasChic

SmokinHawtVegasChic New Member

I have the paid version too and love it. I didn't have to pay for it though as late last year it was one of the AppStore's Free App of the Day...so I got it free...and it is the Pro version. I used it when I went to a workshop recently to take notes because I'd forgot my notebook in the car. Way cool
  7. zirkdog

zirkdog New Member

My free version allows me to create docs too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  8. FZDolfan

FZDolfan New Member

I don't know if they've changed anything, but I've been editing excel spreadsheets successfully on my Bionic up until a couple of weeks ago. Now any time I try to save a file, I get a pop up that says "Unable to save file". I've even tried clearing the cache to no avail. Also, in my apps list and in the "about" section, it just says Quickoffice, not "Pro". I could swear it used to say Quickoffice Pro.

I recently purchased (at 50% off) Office Suite Pro for my Kindle (when I tried sideloading my bundled Quickoffice apk from the Bionic, I couldn't edit docs), but that corrupts spreadsheets that need to be repaired when opened on a PC.

Point is, someone said it's okay to have a full version that works even if it doesn't get updated, and I agree. However, that is no longer the case for me.
    It should be noted that I have not rooted my Bionic, nor have I "reset" it. Is it possible to cripple bundled apps via a system update or something? Because a system update is the only thing that has changed since I bought the phone.

Edit: I was able to side load it onto my galaxy tablet and it works fine. That now means that something must be corrupt on my Bionic.
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
Search tags for this page

difference between quickoffice and quickoffice pro

difference between quickoffice pro and quickoffice pro hd
motorola quickoffice android
quick office vs quick office pro

quickoffice free version

quickoffice free vs pro
quickoffice motorola update
quickoffice pro vs quickoffice
quickoffice pro vs quickoffice pro hd android
quickoffice vs pro