QuickOffice... Is it only a trial?

billyk

Reaction score
Mixed reviews on this free app of the day. For instance, here's a review on Amazon from earlier today.
Installed, found out it was a "limited functionality" app without a paid "upgrade". Now I have can't completely uninstall it. Could contain malware. At least was able to force stop it. Was still apparently running after attempted uninstall
And that's not the only negative review. Also, the version number is lower than what comes on the Bionic, which may/may not be relevent if they are really two different versions.

I dunno - think I am passing on this one.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have OfficeSuite, Documents to Go and QuickOffice Pro...they all have benefits & cons...Docs 2 Go allows you to log into Google Docs but the interface seems clunky...OfficeSuite I had some FC's...right now I'm liking QuickOffice Pro...no lag, runs good on my Lapdock 100 with the Bionic

I used Docs 2 Go on my OG Droid, but when I looked at a Word doc it almost looked like it was done in Excel as there were boxes grouping things together. Quickoffice makes it look like it does on my computer. I was tempted to buy the full version until I saw the announcement that it was free today.

In the App itslef there is an upgrade button. I think if you upgrade from there it lets you buy it from the market... I'm guessing if you do it through that update button then you won't get the double app issue.

But if you do it that way, you'll pay for the app. If you get it via Amazon today it's free. One says "Pro" in the name so you can tell the two apart.

There's a couple of ways to fix that without rooting. You can use folders (or Apps Organizer) if you want to create an Office spot on your phone. Or, and I haven't tried this, you can create a folder inside the app drawer, label it something like "Apps I Use" and stick the ones you want in there. If you use Go Launcher or Launcher Pro+ you can hide the built in version from showing up in the apps drawer.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Mixed reviews on this free app of the day. For instance, here's a review on Amazon from earlier today.
Installed, found out it was a "limited functionality" app without a paid "upgrade". Now I have can't completely uninstall it. Could contain malware. At least was able to force stop it. Was still apparently running after attempted uninstall
And that's not the only negative review. Also, the version number is lower than what comes on the Bionic, which may/may not be relevent if they are really two different versions.

That person is trying to uninstall QuickOffice that came stock on his DX, not QuickOffice PRO.
They are seperate programs.

mikespe

Reaction score

LOL one crazy review and you're passing on a free app that has been around for quite some time? Read the reviews on the Market since the market has been around MUCH longer than Amazon's app store so MORE reviews...and show me the malware? I love how reviews accuse every program that doesn't work for them as Malware or virus! LOL...you're missing out on a GREAT app!