1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Quickly silencing rings and notifications

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Garemlin, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Maybe I am missing something but is there a quick way to silence rings and notifications??? I find it quite embarrassing to be walking through a store and have it go off and not be able to silence it quickly. Everybody just stares at you like they have never heard a cell phone before.
  2. pandroid

pandroid Theme Developer Theme Developer

hit the volume toggle. either up or down, doesnt matter
  3. deadernie

deadernie New Member

Press either one of the volume buttons. Silences ringer volume but phone is still ringing. Then you can eithr ignore or answer.
  4. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Or you can use a widget to silence or put on vibrate.......Beautiful Widgets has these
  5. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

I kinda thought the volume toggle should do it like most phones. But for some reason mine doesn't.

Nate: I have 'em. Only time I keep it on silent is at work and at the movies. I want to hear it ring when I am out and about. And vibrate is useless. I barely feel it. I use the Verizon holster.