Quickly Mute Phone

atlboy4k

Reaction score
How do i quickly mute phone from ringing without having to unlock screen and then turn off notifications?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do i quickly mute phone from ringing without having to unlock screen and then turn off notifications?

throwing it on the ground, dropping it in water, placing it under many pillows.....any of those should work

no but seriously on the droid 1 I can just press the power button and it will silence the ringer, does the fascinate do that?

IamGov

Reaction score
Yes, pressing the power button during a ring will silence it. Also hitting the mute button on the screen does the job.

All else fails duct tape the speaker.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

Slevinn

Reaction score
I think he's meaning setting it from loud ringer to silent mode, like if he had to last minute change it right before a movie started or something.. Rather than unlocking his phone, going to settings, then sounds, and volume or whatever.. I think he's looking for a shortcut to silence it in 1 or 2 clicks. I don't have my fascinate yet.. but if I figure it out I'll let you know. On my D1 I can hold the power button down and get a Silent Mode option. Does the Fascinate do anything like that?

phonecrazyfatkid

Reaction score
Hold power button then pick silent also there is a widget that u can dl from market...... the biggest thing I miss from iPhone is that silent switch

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

phonecrazyfatkid

Reaction score
Also if getting a call and need to silence hit volume down button.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

minmongoblin

Reaction score
SwitchPro Widget has an option for this, along with like 15 other phone functions. Love that app