Quickly! Answer!

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
How did you end up getting unlimited data? Did you have it before?

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

I had it back in July, but when I called to see if they would add it if I upgraded they said no. I found a thread on Android Central where some people have upgraded to 4G phones, then called CS and asked to have the 4G $30 Hot Spot added to their line. Apparently when you add that particular plan it also adds unlimited data, as it seems unlimited is required to have that hot spot. I upgraded in store, then left and called Verizon CS. The rep added it first time I called, though some people report having to call a couple times before someone will add it. Went home, removed the Hot Spot, and the data stuck. I verified it online with my plan details and am now rocking unlimited data. I say give it a go if you have a 4G phone/are looking to upgrade. Can't hurt to try if you don't have unlimited now

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Good decision! The bionic is not built right! Bionic has constant data loss problems. The volume buttons rattle when it vibrates. The bionic almost made me quit buying Motorola's, but since the gnex is not out yet, i went with the razr and it completely restored my confidence in motorola.

I'm even having trouble selling my bionic off contract for what i paid for it on contract. It just sucks and everyone knows it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Trollage. Bionic doesnt suck. I never drop data. And it isnt a Rattle the power button is a floating design..but mine doesnt rattle when it vibrates nor does volume buttons. Rofl.. ...and clocked at 1.2 ghz i outbench rzr rezound with ease.. trolls like you hurt our community. Go find a cave and crawl in it. ... oh and btw around here bionics are going for 450-500 allllll day. Craigslist. Enjoy ur terrible battery and watermarked amoled screen. And fyi rzr has had data drops and blackscreens too... getting so tired of the bionic bashing. Its a beast phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

felixtibs

Reaction score
Razr is a thin bionic. They are both fine but are no different in terms of data drops recently

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

brkshr

Reaction score
Try going through the threads for both the Bionic and the RAZR. It's pretty clear there are some issues with the Bionic. I've been a diehard Motorola fan since before the OG Droid. Android phones I've had include the Droid 1, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Incredible (x2), Droid X, Droid 2g, Droid Pro, Droid X2, Bionic (x2) and now the RAZR. I've upgraded the Bionic to build #s 5.5.893, 5.6.893 and 5.7.893. I've tried pretty much every 'data fix' that anyone has suggested for the Bionic, on 2 different Bionics, that won't work. The Droids 1, X, Pro and RAZR all get better signal than the Bionic, when I have them all sitting right next to each other. Also the RAZR has very different software than the Bionic as well as some minor hardware changes. The RAZR uses the Texas Instruments WL1285C , compared to the Bionics Texas Instruments WL1271 chip for wifi/bluetooth/gps. The RAZR also has an additional Skyworks 77449 Power Amplifier Module for LTE/EUTRAN Bands XIII/XIV. They both use different manufacturers for different memories. Check out ifixit.com. I would love for the Bionic to be an awesome phone. I support Motorola hardware to the max and always suggest Motorola to everyone I know. The fact is though that most Bionics have problems and I refuse to suggest it to anyone. Edit: forgot to mention that the Bionic is on android 2.3.4 while the RAZR is on 2.3.5

brkshr

Reaction score
To the OP... I apologize for the thread hijack. This was not my intention when I first posted. Congratulations and have fun with your new Android!!!

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Try going through the threads for both the Bionic and the RAZR. It's pretty clear there are some issues with the Bionic. I've been a diehard Motorola fan since before the OG Droid. Android phones I've had include the Droid 1, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Incredible (x2), Droid X, Droid 2g, Droid Pro, Droid X2, Bionic (x2) and now the RAZR. I've upgraded the Bionic to build #s 5.5.893, 5.6.893 and 5.7.893. I've tried pretty much every 'data fix' that anyone has suggested for the Bionic, on 2 different Bionics, that won't work. The Droids 1, X, Pro and RAZR all get better signal than the Bionic, when I have them all sitting right next to each other. Also the RAZR has very different software than the Bionic as well as some minor hardware changes. The RAZR uses the Texas Instruments WL1285C , compared to the Bionics Texas Instruments WL1271 chip for wifi/bluetooth/gps. The RAZR also has an additional Skyworks 77449 Power Amplifier Module for LTE/EUTRAN Bands XIII/XIV. They both use different manufacturers for different memories. Check out ifixit.com. I would love for the Bionic to be an awesome phone. I support Motorola hardware to the max and always suggest Motorola to everyone I know. The fact is though that most Bionics have problems and I refuse to suggest it to anyone. Edit: forgot to mention that the Bionic is on android 2.3.4 while the RAZR is on 2.3.5

I think the only reason the forums are blown up with more problem threads is because the bionic has sold prolly three times the amount of both the rzr and rezound combined. More phones the more the small percentage of ppl who have problems will be posting. Bionic was majorly advertised! I and about 15 of my friends run the db without any radio issues on stock roms. Stock radios... i truely believe of all those threads it was 50% big red working on the network and with ANY 4g phones if certain towers Or parts of thier network are down u wont get ANY data... and verizon just announced adding almost 40 cities to 4g coverage, all over the nation. Add 4g towers, data goes out. There is threads about all this. Including the list of place where 4g towers r going in... i mean listen do i think the bionic needs this update? YES. BUT ...more importantly do i think these problems are greatly exaggerated and not phone related at all? YES. Look at how many threads start with "dang data is out!!!" And ends up being back and stable in a day or two. Its like everyone here is a phone hypochondria... "omg hes having that problem..it MUST be that." Lol

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Good decision! The bionic is not built right! Bionic has constant data loss problems. The volume buttons rattle when it vibrates. The bionic almost made me quit buying Motorola's, but since the gnex is not out yet, i went with the razr and it completely restored my confidence in motorola.

I'm even having trouble selling my bionic off contract for what i paid for it on contract. It just sucks and everyone knows it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That's certainly you're opinion. Hardly any one else's though. I love my bionic and wouldn't trade out for the Razr even if I could. Razr is a great phone, but my bionic feels more like a phone and less like a tablet or skateboard.

felixtibs

Reaction score
whether you think the razr or the bionic is the better phone is a irrelevant. What is relevant, is the fact that the data loss happened on both phones. The reason the bionics have more data loss was because it was sold months before the razor and therefore is more susceptible to more data loss issues.

brandonsmash

Reaction score
It's really a bummer that the Motoralas have such nasty data loss issues.

I for one can confirm that it's not just a 4G outage or Verizon working on the towers or a single defective phone. I'm on my third (warrantied) Bionic and they all have had the problem at different times of day/night in different locations (metro area, suburbs, outskirts) and different environments (inside, outside, full-strength signal, one or two bars, etc.).

It makes me honestly rather annoyed and ashamed that Motorola can't seem to get their phones to work correctly.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
It's really a bummer that the Motoralas have such nasty data loss issues.

I for one can confirm that it's not just a 4G outage or Verizon working on the towers or a single defective phone. I'm on my third (warrantied) Bionic and they all have had the problem at different times of day/night in different locations (metro area, suburbs, outskirts) and different environments (inside, outside, full-strength signal, one or two bars, etc.).

It makes me honestly rather annoyed and ashamed that Motorola can't seem to get their phones to work correctly.

Proves nothing. U show me
3 phones that have problems in your area that have problems i can give u 15 ppl that r on thier original phone in my area with not one problem. Reread my post.. actually think without being emotional about the fact u have had network issues.. and not hardware issues. If you've gone thru three phones its more likely a network issue than hardware. I dont think you understand what a 4g infostructer is about and how it works... you're telling me we alllll got stupid lucky and recieved magically working phones? Doubt it buddy

brandonsmash

Reaction score
Proves nothing. U show me
3 phones that have problems in your area that have problems i can give u 15 ppl that r on thier original phone in my area with not one problem. Reread my post.. actually think without being emotional about the fact u have had network issues.. and not hardware issues. If you've gone thru three phones its more likely a network issue than hardware. I dont think you understand what a 4g infostructer is about and how it works... you're telling me we alllll got stupid lucky and recieved magically working phones? Doubt it buddy

I'm not in a small town. I live in the Phoenix metro area and have experienced these issues from one end of the valley's suburbs to the heart of downtown to the other end. I've also had these same problems in Tucson and other well-covered areas.

It happens in 4G mode or in CDMA-only mode. (For reference, my wife's Droid X2 does not have these problems. I've been on the sofa right next to her with my phone in CDMA and my Bionic will lose data while hers won't.)

There are many, many well-documented cases of this happening across the country in big cities to small cities and everywhere in between. I'm not entirely sure why you're so ardently defending the Bionic despite its extremely public and documented problems.

google123

Reaction score
I checked a friends moto bionic for about 15 minutes a couple of days ago, ......its **** IMO. His phone was laggy, and the build quality sucks. Also the camera is worthless. We took some pictures of the same items and my incredible's camera did a better job each time. Maybe his phone was just **** but overall I wouldn't go anywhere near the bionic. Long live my incredible. Lol.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I'm not in a small town. I live in the Phoenix metro area and have experienced these issues from one end of the valley's suburbs to the heart of downtown to the other end. I've also had these same problems in Tucson and other well-covered areas.

It happens in 4G mode or in CDMA-only mode. (For reference, my wife's Droid X2 does not have these problems. I've been on the sofa right next to her with my phone in CDMA and my Bionic will lose data while hers won't.)

There are many, many well-documented cases of this happening across the country in big cities to small cities and everywhere in between. I'm not entirely sure why you're so ardently defending the Bionic despite its extremely public and documented problems.

Ur wifes phones isnt a 4 g phone. Lol ur arguement is moot at this point
. You obviously dont know how 4g phones work with data which is totally different than 3g phones even 4 g phones on 3g.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I checked a friends moto bionic for about 15 minutes a couple of days ago, ......its **** IMO. His phone was laggy, and the build quality sucks. Also the camera is worthless. We took some pictures of the same items and my incredible's camera did a better job each time. Maybe his phone was just **** but overall I wouldn't go anywhere near the bionic. Long live my incredible. Lol.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Laggy? Build quality? Lol from a incredible user? Gimme a break.