QuickClock Calibrate issues

Reaction score
When I try to calibrate it makes it through the Finding BMV part fine, then it reboots. After it comes back up it successfully completes the boot process. Then it goes into the Max Speed Finder, this is where the issues start. It goes all the way to 1500 which fails. It starts to come back down but always fails along the way causing a reboot. Once it starts back up none of the settings are saved.

Is there any way I can get this to work? I like the idea of testing different frequencies and voltages. I guess I could just do this manually.

I didn't see any other post related to QuickClock so I'm assuming this isn't a widespread issue.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
When I try to calibrate it makes it through the Finding BMV part fine, then it reboots. After it comes back up it successfully completes the boot process. Then it goes into the Max Speed Finder, this is where the issues start. It goes all the way to 1500 which fails. It starts to come back down but always fails along the way causing a reboot. Once it starts back up none of the settings are saved.

Is there any way I can get this to work? I like the idea of testing different frequencies and voltages. I guess I could just do this manually.

I didn't see any other post related to QuickClock so I'm assuming this isn't a widespread issue.

It's a somewhat common issue, the Dev of the app said he would be working on a fix when he has the time.

jcutter347

Reaction score
Quickclock

After the app reboots after failing at 1500, you will need to go back into the quickclock app. Once inside, choose "overclock". it will show you the cpu speed scale. Hit your menu button and choose "load profile." This is where you will choose either, "none,default,high speed,battery saver, or balanced." After you make you selection, hit set cpu, and you will have to choose "keep these settings" or "revert"

OP
T
Reaction score
After the app reboots after failing at 1500, you will need to go back into the quickclock app. Once inside, choose "overclock". it will show you the cpu speed scale. Hit your menu button and choose "load profile." This is where you will choose either, "none,default,high speed,battery saver, or balanced." After you make you selection, hit set cpu, and you will have to choose "keep these settings" or "revert"

I don't think the edition included with rubix has any options other than calibrate.

OP
T
Reaction score

It's a somewhat common issue, the Dev of the app said he would be working on a fix when he has the time.

Sounds good. Sorry if I missed a thread somewhere, I didn't see anything in the rubix section about it.

Just speculating but it seems like the max speed test needs to operate like the BMV testing.

It should write out a file specifying what it is about to test. Then if the phone reboots it should look for that file and if it exists continue slightly lower than where it left off.

I love the concept of auto over clocking but it seems like it might need a little more polishing. I'm a little skeptic if the short period of testing is enough to say that an over clock is stable. It seems like it needs to have a quick test and then when it is assumed stable you should be able to run a longer endurance test to verify.

jcutter347

Reaction score
mis-informed

I apologize. I am using the full version. I haven't even used the one that came with Rubix 1.9.7. I also use JRummy's overclock app. It works awesome on the DX.

andylulzyou

Reaction score

Sounds good. Sorry if I missed a thread somewhere, I didn't see anything in the rubix section about it.

Just speculating but it seems like the max speed test needs to operate like the BMV testing.

It should write out a file specifying what it is about to test. Then if the phone reboots it should look for that file and if it exists continue slightly lower than where it left off.

I love the concept of auto over clocking but it seems like it might need a little more polishing. I'm a little skeptic if the short period of testing is enough to say that an over clock is stable. It seems like it needs to have a quick test and then when it is assumed stable you should be able to run a longer endurance test to verify.

Yeah the problem is that the phone is supposed to just turtle when it gets into the 1500, 1450, etc but some peoples phones cant handle that and reboot

pandapaul

Reaction score

That's pretty much what I plan to do as that is how the voltage portion of the calibration works. The necessity of an endurance test is valid point, and that's why I've included a stress test in the advanced menu (of QuickClock Advanced, not the RubiX edition) that tests each of the frequencies greater than or equal to the current minimum. i.e. it tests multiple speeds rather than just the maximum so that you can actually test out the whole OC setup.

Yeah the problem is that the phone is supposed to just turtle when it gets into the 1500, 1450, etc but some peoples phones cant handle that and reboot

Yeah that's exactly the issue. Stupid on my part, but in testing everyone's phone turtled rather than rebooting.

I promise you all this (and the negative voltage issue that some have with the BMV finder) will be fixed as soon as I possibly can get the time. School just has to be my priority, though, and there's a lot going on there.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience. And thanks of course for using the app to begin with. I really appreciate it,
Paul

mcp770

Reaction score
Just had the same issue after re installing rubix. Finally got it to work using the z4root fix of putting the phone into airplane mode. Coincidence or the phone was cooler or lucky try number five? No idea if it was the airplane mode thing but it worked for me.