Quick update about Root and 2.2

herbalt

Reaction score
If my phone is rooted will I still get the OTA update for 2.2?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i assume so but you will lose root

geinsteder

Reaction score
rooted now not rooted after ota update

My phone was rooted and the update went in. As hard as i tried it went in. Now the phone is not rooted and I cant get it rooted again. Tried everything I can find online. None of the rooting programs want to fully load anymore. Any ideas other than whiping it clean. I dont think I could get it figured that out. little to much for me. Thanks

cubsfan187

Reaction score
My phone was rooted and the update went in. As hard as i tried it went in. Now the phone is not rooted and I cant get it rooted again. Tried everything I can find online. None of the rooting programs want to fully load anymore. Any ideas other than whiping it clean. I dont think I could get it figured that out. little to much for me. Thanks

What update did you take that unrooted your phone? Are you talking about the newest .605 update? There is a one click process for that now.

[Root X] D3 1-click Root Method - Works on GB.602 and GB.605

geinsteder

Reaction score
I took the one that came last week. I kept taping decline but when I restarted it, it downloaded all by itself. I knew what it would do because it did the same thing to my wifes phone. I wanted to find a fix before I put it into mine. I used the rooting for the wireless tether. I see some fixs that reflash the phone back but I dont feel comforable doing it without bricking my phone. superuser wont start up, z4 starts to load but never finishes. THanks for any help.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I took the one that came last week. I kept taping decline but when I restarted it, it downloaded all by itself. I knew what it would do because it did the same thing to my wifes phone. I wanted to find a fix before I put it into mine. I used the rooting for the wireless tether. I see some fixs that reflash the phone back but I dont feel comforable doing it without bricking my phone. superuser wont start up, z4 starts to load but never finishes. THanks for any help.

OK. Use the link in the post above and download that files that you need. (it states in the first thread what is needed). Make sure you have the Moto droid x drivers on the computer. The program you're going to use is very simple. You only need to open one program and then just unlock your phone after it reboots. It's very easy. There are step by step instructions in that link.

geinsteder

Reaction score
I just tries the link above. This is the second fix that when it gets to the point of noticing the phone it always says "waiting for device" It doesnt recognize the phone. Debuging is checked and it is on charge only.........I dont know?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I don't remember if debugging has to be checked or not. I would try to reboot the phone and see if the program can find it then. The charge only part is correct. Maybe even try switching from memory card access to charge only while the phone is plugged in and the one click root is up.

geinsteder

Reaction score
I tried super one click, click to root and some other Motorola root thats alot like click to root. All say no device found.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I tried super one click, click to root and some other Motorola root thats alot like click to root. All say no device found.

None of the older rooting programs will work with GB. Motorola found and closed the exploit that was used to root back then.

geinsteder

Reaction score
I tried ginger break also. Is that OTA update the gingerbread people are talking about? Do you think I got something else?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
No you got the .605 update I'm sure. You can look under settings/about phone and scroll down and see what version it is.

Gingerbreak stopped working on the .596 update. It was only good while we had the gingerbread leaks out earlier this yr.