1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Quick rom question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by wink4life, Nov 26, 2010.

1. wink4life

wink4life New Member

I may sound like an idiot but i cant fine the explanation. What does it mean to flash a rom. Now how is flashing related to installing and running the rom. Im confused

Sent from my GT-I9000M using DroidForums App
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

link 2 in my sig will help you out a bit

flashing a rom is pretty much installing it.
  3. wink4life

wink4life New Member

Thank you.
    Now o red a guide from XDA ans from here on how to mod the phone. Now one guide says to use terminal emulator to do tje mods and the other one uses a rom manager. Is there any diffwrence between them? Are they both stable and reliable on tour opinions

Sent from my GT-I9000M using DroidForums App
  4. jeffe65

jeffe65 New Member

They're two different types of programs ROM Manager helps you manage what ROMs you want to install when you get to that point (and a lot more).

Terminal Emulator uses a command-line prompt to run Unix commands. You can use it to modify settings, files, folders, etc.

I would suggest looking up one subject at a time, and reading as much as you can about it. Start with the links in the post right above you...

Good luck, and welcome to rooting!