WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Galaxy Tab 10.1 Review - Galaxy Tab Forums
reviewg.jpg

Its been a few months since the Galaxy Tab 10.1 became available for Verizon Wireless, and I think its about time I share my thoughts about the tablet. Verizon let me play with this bad boy for a few weeks and I think its only fair that I give you guys a quick overview of my experience with the "iPad killer."
reviewg4.jpg

First off, I'll explain to you why Apple is suing Samsung over this tablet. If you have never held a Galaxy Tab 10.1 before, this is for you. The Tab 10.1 feels like perfection in hand. The screen feels just big enough, and the video quality along with browsing experience is unmatched by any other tablets I have ever used --I own an iPad 2(I use as my glass coaster), and a TouchPad(another coaster). In comparison to the Galaxy Tab 10.1, the iPad 2 is lacking in screen quality, size, weight, and speed. Apple is suing because now they are actually afraid about what Samsung is doing, and they have to make sure they don't take away anymore sales from them.
reviewg3.jpg

Now on to my quick review.
Good:
  • Screen size and quality
  • Device speed
  • Verizon LTE (worst days, I get 20Mb down) ROCKS!!!
  • Portability
  • Android 3.1
Bad:
  • Pricing
  • Cheapish back cover
  • Occasional bugs
Ratings:
10/10: Speed and Multitasking
8/10: Camera Quality
10/10: Browsing Experience
7/10: Music Playback
10/10: Network
5/10: Pricing
8/10: Overall Rating

Would I buy it?
reviewg7.jpg

I can honestly say that it helps a lot that I did not pay the $700+ price-tag to buy this without a contract from Verizon. At the end of the day, I think this is a great device, I would buy it if I could afford it; but we aren't all rich enough to afford that. In my situation, I would not buy this simply because the sticker price is too much for me. Also, the LTE price is around $30-$50 a month (I never sign contracts).
reviewg8.jpg

Camera Sample
Would I recommend it?
Absolutely; This is by far the best piece of technology I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with, and while I cannot afford it, I would recommend it for business men and school students that can. I am a student myself, and this was one of the best text books I have ever used.
reviewg6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

i can read

Reaction score
So I am a engineering student and I want one to replace my laptop. What I want to know is can I run programs on it? I need to run stuff like chemcat.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
So I am a engineering student and I want one to replace my laptop. What I want to know is can I run programs on it? I need to run stuff like chemcat.

The Galaxy Tab runs Android 3.1 but your laptop probably runs a version of Windows, Linux or Mac OS. In all likelihood, you're not going to be able to run the programs you need on the tablet.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Yea. Tabs arent made for stuff like that. Theyre more for like email and web browsing, besides the many apps in the market.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I may be completely wrong on this, but I'm 99.9% sure there is no way to modify or emulate on an android platform to install and ran Windows based or Mac based software.

That would leave you with two options.

1) Find out of the software manufacture of the program you want provides a copy in the for of an Android App (doubtful) or as a Linux program (don't know how, but I think it's possible to install and ran a Linux program).

2) Use a Remote access tool on the tablet to run run the software you need remotely on another machine. We has terminal access to lab computers with any software you could ever need while I was an engineering student.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I guess it is still a little early in the morning for me.

**install and run**

**Find out if** **a copy in the form** **install and run**

**run run** **We had**

UNC

Reaction score
The Galaxy Tab runs Android 3.1 but your laptop probably runs a version of Windows, Linux or Mac OS. In all likelihood, you're not going to be able to run the programs you need on the tablet.

You can install Linux and be good to go, you're just going to have to Google it because it is way to hard for me to explain it here.