[Quick Review] Sandisk Micro SDHC Class 6 Card

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
Good review IMO. But with services like Pandora, Google Music and apps like AudioGalaxy, storing your music on your phone is, for most, a thing of the past. I know limited data plans kill that for some, but many of us still have unlimited plans.

As for the speed issue, I'm not sure if its really an issue on phones. I know for camera's being able to write faster to the chip is a must especially for burst shots and consecutive shooting but it is also up to the camera, and phone, to be able to take full advantage of the speed of the SD cards.

When my wife got her Thunderbolt, I swiped the 32gb microSD from it and gave her my 16gb card. I'm more than happy with it too. Its a class 4 chip.

As for the video saying you get better performing games with a faster SD card...really, really? The phones RAM is where the game is stored when its running. If you move the game to your SD card instead of built in memory, it may initially load faster, but should have no performance gain once its running from a faster SD card.

I have unlimited data but for me listening to streaming music or anything else is not preferable simply due to battery life...I can listen to music or podcasts off my sd card all day long over bluetooth and still have 40 % battery left at the end of the day with normal use otherwise...I can stream music or podcasts for maybe 5 to 7 hours (depending on app) before the batteries done.

As for the microsd card..I just bought a class10 32 gig off newegg for 50 bucks and it's been working great, noticably faster transfers than the 16 gig card that came in my og droid.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I have unlimited data but for me listening to streaming music or anything else is not preferable simply due to battery life...I can listen to music or podcasts off my sd card all day long over bluetooth and still have 40 % battery left at the end of the day with normal use otherwise...I can stream music or podcasts for maybe 5 to 7 hours (depending on app) before the batteries done.

As for the microsd card..I just bought a class10 32 gig off newegg for 50 bucks and it's been working great, noticably faster transfers than the 16 gig card that came in my og droid.

I was wondering if anybody was going to mention the fact that class 10 faster than class 6 cards have been on the market just as long... or how about the fact that the class rating indicate the transfer speed of the card. so why would I want to buy a class 6 card for over 100 dollars when I get my class 10 of the same size for under 80 dollars? not to blame the o p, but I hope you got the card for free and are allowed to keep it for doing your review. That would be a nice perk ! If not, I'd return it for a faster class 10 32gig patriot and pocket the $30-40 savings.

as 4 the cool looking design? That will have to remain your little secret unless you are going to wear it around you're neck as bling in a clear jump drive :,)

Props for your efforts though! not manY have the courage to post anything but negative cynicism... + 1 to you mate!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody was going to mention the fact that class 10 faster than class 6 cards have been on the market just as long... or how about the fact that the class rating indicate the transfer speed of the card. so why would I want to buy a class 6 card for over 100 dollars when I get my class 10 of the same size for under 80 dollars? not to blame the o p, but I hope you got the card for free and are allowed to keep it for doing your review. That would be a nice perk ! If not, I'd return it for a faster class 10 32gig patriot and pocket the $30-40 savings.

as 4 the cool looking design? That will have to remain your little secret unless you are going to wear it around you're neck as bling in a clear jump drive :,)

Props for your efforts though! not manY have the courage to post anything but negative cynicism... + 1 to you mate!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Just keep in mind the class ratings on microsd cards can't really be trusted entirely...some class4 cards are faster than some class10 cards. You just have to look at the reviews for the one you pick out to determine whats a good deal and whats not.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
They said it would be a good buy for the Nexus Galaxy (got the name wrong too) If you actually read the review you might have seen it =P
HAHAHA apple probably will...

Gotcha ya, didn't read the review just the post. Makes more sense. I would not get one without a sd card slot. I am out of coverage almost as much as in. This might be a great card for my new phone if htc ever releses it.

Chris

Cipherr

Reaction score
I sort of rate my music by song. The ones I like alot get put onto the SD, the mid and lower songs I dont often listen to get put into the cloud. I have a signal everywhere I go, but still Its nice to have some songs on the SD just in case.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't forget there is a limit to how fast an sdcard needs to be. I've heard android can't fully utilize anything past a class 6 card

supercharged modified liquid 3.0 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.8 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn...and I just bought a class 4, 32gig card for my D2G for $37 on Amazon......

Put 27 gig of music on it the first day....:biggrin:

Wow, and I thought I had a lot of music at 1800 songs lol

supercharged modified liquid 3.0 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.8 linpack score
1856 quadrant score