[Quick Review] Sandisk Micro SDHC Class 6 Card

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Oct 27, 2011.

1. DawsonMobley

DawsonMobley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have unlimited data but for me listening to streaming music or anything else is not preferable simply due to battery life...I can listen to music or podcasts off my sd card all day long over bluetooth and still have 40 % battery left at the end of the day with normal use otherwise...I can stream music or podcasts for maybe 5 to 7 hours (depending on app) before the batteries done.

As for the microsd card..I just bought a class10 32 gig off newegg for 50 bucks and it's been working great, noticably faster transfers than the 16 gig card that came in my og droid.

2. Nyteravyn

Nyteravyn Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I was wondering if anybody was going to mention the fact that class 10 faster than class 6 cards have been on the market just as long... or how about the fact that the class rating indicate the transfer speed of the card. so why would I want to buy a class 6 card for over 100 dollars when I get my class 10 of the same size for under 80 dollars? not to blame the o p, but I hope you got the card for free and are allowed to keep it for doing your review. That would be a nice perk ! If not, I'd return it for a faster class 10 32gig patriot and pocket the $30-40 savings.

as 4 the cool looking design? That will have to remain your little secret unless you are going to wear it around you're neck as bling in a clear jump drive :,)

Props for your efforts though! not manY have the courage to post anything but negative cynicism... + 1 to you mate!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

3. DawsonMobley

DawsonMobley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just keep in mind the class ratings on microsd cards can't really be trusted entirely...some class4 cards are faster than some class10 cards. You just have to look at the reviews for the one you pick out to determine whats a good deal and whats not.

4. drtnsnw

drtnsnw Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Gotcha ya, didn't read the review just the post. Makes more sense. I would not get one without a sd card slot. I am out of coverage almost as much as in. This might be a great card for my new phone if htc ever releses it.

Chris

5. Cipherr

Cipherr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I sort of rate my music by song. The ones I like alot get put onto the SD, the mid and lower songs I dont often listen to get put into the cloud. I have a signal everywhere I go, but still Its nice to have some songs on the SD just in case.

6. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Don't forget there is a limit to how fast an sdcard needs to be. I've heard android can't fully utilize anything past a class 6 card

supercharged modified liquid 3.0 w/turbocharged 3g
    Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
    19.8 linpack score
    1856 quadrant score

7. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Wow, and I thought I had a lot of music at 1800 songs lol

supercharged modified liquid 3.0 w/turbocharged 3g
    Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
    19.8 linpack score