[Quick Review] Galaxy Nexus

the901

Reaction score
I have had this phone since launch day. While I find it everything and more, I disagree with one part of this review.

I'm not sure how you could rate the camera so high. I would have rated it more at 6.5/10. Coming from an OG Droid, it is still quite an improvement.

Besides that, the G.Nexus is excellent. I absolutely love this phone. I look forward to the future development and community that comes along with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
It's funny when "No Hard Camera Button" is a "Bad" on a phone, kinda makes you think you're searching for something to not like.

It's also funny when considering a main feature of this phone is the lack of buttons it has.

I don't know about you, but I really like having a hard camera button. Would it keep me from buying the phone?, no, but it is something that I feel takes away points from the phone in my book.

I think its funny how people are treating the Nexus like its the one and true phone. They either deny or belittle negative aspects of the phone. As nice as this phone is, it is not perfect and there are things left to be desired from it.

Last edited:

markwebb

Reaction score
No sour grapes: I want the software, not the hardware. But the software will be coming. I have patience.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TeeX

Reaction score
OP, thanks for the review!
I got my GNex on release day, and I've been loving it ever since. After calibrating my battery and having several full charge/complete discharge cycles, I've gotten really good battery life. 14 hours with 3.5 hours screen/display time on.

I've had two Droid phones (the DroidX and the Bionic), and I think the build quality with this phone is more than acceptable. It's more stylish and classy than military-grade.

Very satisfied here! :)

suzukimethod

Reaction score
Really, I would have thought the fact it is a 720p display would have a made some differences.

for whatever reason, i cant handle the visible pentile matrix of previous releases, or i would already have picked up a new phone...and this one doesnt bother me one bit. (i actually forgot it was pentile for a little while)