Quick response would be awesome plz...

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
For this question....
My battery died and when I plug to charge my phone..it went into the bootloader screen...the green LED is on...I don't know if its charging...

This is all i want to know, if its charging?...

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think the phone can charge in either the bootloader or recovery. Have you tried pulling the battery and plugging it back in?

tappin and a talkin

OP
Droid_Boi86

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
Yea...I pulled the battery and placed it back, then when I go to plug it back in, all I get is the green L.E.D...hmmmm..the did shut itself off when the the battery went to 5%....

I was thinking if I should place one of my friends battery into my phone and have him charge mine...

BadDawg_1

Reaction score
The first time mine actually died, only time too, it would not power back up even when plugged in until it charged for about 45 minutes. I think it was up t0 10% by then. Droid X also. Scared me, but all was fine and I don't let it go dead any more.

Last edited:
OP
Droid_Boi86

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
Battery died, and its in bootloader..

My Droid X's battery died. Forgot my charger...when I went to plug it into the charger at a friends house the bootloader screen popped up..

BATTERY LOW
CANNOT PROGRAM

And the green LED is lite

I don't know what to do, I had it plugged in for an hour and nothing happened....just the bootloader screen saying the same thing...

HELP PLZ....

OP
Droid_Boi86

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
The first time mine actually died, only time too, it would not power back up even when plugged in until it charged for about 45 minutes. I think it was up t0 10% by then. Droid X also. Scared me, but all was fine and I don't let it go dead any more.

What did u exactly do...
My Droid X right is plugged in, black screen with only the green led on....its scaring me...

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
Got the same thing two weeks ago flashing an sbf, trying to get up to date. Just gave up and went to Verizon. The rest is history..... sorry I'm no help I just feel for ya dude. What were u doing when ya got stuck?

DX Liberty 1.5 ftw!

BadDawg_1

Reaction score
Yup, same thing happen here. I was at work and ended up just letting it charge for about 45 minutes until it wanted to come back on. I tried it a couple of time and just would not power up even when plugged in. So I went about my job and checked later and all was well.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Actually had this happen to me the other day... just let it charge for a little bit and it will cut back on when it gets enouggh charge to.

Sent from my D2G with GummyJAR

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Not sure what to tell you.... try pulling the battery, unplugging/replugging the charger into the phone etc.

Sent from my D2G with GummyJAR

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that you can load your .sbf through recovery mode or something like it. There must be a way to do it.

Sent from my M860 using DroidForums App

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
Ok. Well its not good. " battery low, cannot update " only comes on in the actual bootloader screen. Not recovery mode. When it happened to me it seemed I couldn't charge the phone in bootloader. So if you have, or can get a battery charger I would do that. Or perhaps borrow a friends fully charged battery.
Once you have a charged battery it may boot into recovery (hope it does), if not you will have to flash a sbf.
To do that you need Rsdlite and the sbf file one your computer. Both are available for download and instructions are available in the fourums. Good luck!

DX Liberty 1.5 ftw!

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
I should also add that trying (unsuccessfully) to charge the battery in bootloader seemed to really fry my battery. I'd say I have 25% less life than I did before. It seemed to not charge and just overheat.

DX Liberty 1.5 ftw!

OP
Droid_Boi86

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
i'm gonna try using a friends battery and see if i can get into recovery, and have him charge mine...

the only thing i was doing was texting and the battery gave out....idk, the charger that i was using to try and charge my phone isn't the actual the charger for the phone...so i'm thinkin it only would do something if it's the actual charger...hmmm, i wouldn't think so, but you never kno...