quick questions regarding rooting and warranty repalcement

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Hacks' started by rboutin2, May 25, 2012.

1. rboutin2

rboutin2 New Member

My razr maxx had been overheating big time, and the screen was like a beige or off white color when my wife's maxx was pure white. It also was glitching out quite a bit. anyways, i go to my verizon store to get them to overnight me a new one like they did with my droid x's a while back. They give me a new one (to replace mine i got around feb.) from a box cuz we got my wife's maxx yesterday and was within the 14 days. Well, i wasnt expecting that to happen, and i by the time i realized what they were doing, it was too late to take my old one home and come back. It was rooted, and i did the tweak to make the phone appear as an experia arc in the market to get more games for it. Should i be worried that they are gna find it rooted? I did the factory reset on the spot myself to make sure all my root apps and stuff were gone. Should i be concerned about getting charged for the full price of the phone? It wasnt running any roms, just stock rooted with the device change.
  2. kijutsu

kijutsu New Member

Hey -- the built in phone factory reset doesn't remove root.
  3. rboutin2

rboutin2 New Member

Yeah i know, thats why im a lil worried bout it. I know it at least removes all my apps that used root. Especially ones like droidsheep, wifikill, and faceniff. I think its stupid how they dont let us root. The main reason i do it is cuz i want to be able to backup everythign with titanium backup, not just my apps, but the data too, and soem apps, like mp3 downloaders and droidsheep and stuff u cant find anymore.
  4. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

If they boot the phone up in the factory the super user app will be there and they will see the phone was rooted, thus voiding the warranty. So I suppose you can hope that they don't do that and just process the phone to be refurbished.

Again I am not sure their process at the factory, some have said that they just push them through for processing and don't even check them. Course that might not always be the case, I do hope the best for you.
  5. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

From what I've had explained to me they usually flash the phones before they do anything ... but idk for sure.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!
  6. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

That would be ideal for the OP.
  7. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Yeah... may we all be so fortunate :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!
  8. John31

John31 New Member

What I do before any warranty work, ie sending it back to the company, I unroot the phone first, then I factory reset it. This takes it back to stock, out of the box and removes all personal data on the phnoe.

I haven't had any problems so far and I have sent 2 razr's back. Getting ready to send the 3rd back.
  9. pinoy_92

pinoy_92 New Member

fastboot gb and you'll be fine.
Search tags for this page

droid razor overheating while on phone

faceniff for unrooted android

wifikill