Quick Questions - Kernals and Themes

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by The Sloan Ranger, May 5, 2010.

1. The Sloan Ranger

The Sloan Ranger New Member

Hi everyone, I just finished installing Cyanogen through Rom Manager. My next steps are to install a custom theme and kernal.

Here are my questions...

1) Based on what I've read in Rom Manager, I don't believe I need to wipe when installing a custom theme. Is this correct?

2) Will I need to wipe when I install a custom Kernal?

3) I plan on installing the Beket (sp?) medium voltage 1.2 Kernal...Any thoughts?

4) Any recommendations for the custom theme? I tend to like clean, dark, professional looking designs.

5) Which one should be installed first?

Thanks in advance for any responses and/or advice.
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
  2. stlcity

stlcity New Member

1. No. The only thing that I would advice is that if you install a theme on the stock CM and u decide to try another one, make sure u install the new theme on stock CM and not your themed version

2. U need not wipe data when installing the kernels

3.I am running Bekit 1.2. I love it. If u have OCed before and you know for sure that your phone tolerates the high OC then go for it. On the other hand if this is the first time OCing then would start at a lower kernel and make sure if is stable prior to installing 1.2

4. Themes I think are a personal choice but if u want a simple clean looking theme then Mr. Bob's clean black theme is good.

Good luck