1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Quick Question...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by NYZ93, Jul 9, 2010.

1. NYZ93

NYZ93 New Member

I got a new droid (refurbished) i know what im doing when it comes to roms and all but i havent rooted in soo long i dont know how to anymore right now my phone is bone stock 2.1
    now i want to root w/o losing everything and having to do a backup

so question is

How do i root 2.1 w/o losing anything and w/o having to do a backup with some program

o and i wanna get back on BB
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

You don't. At minimum you have to use RSD Lite and Flash SPRecovery.

Now if you choose not to do a back up, that's your choice. But you got to have SPRecovery on there.

And unless you wanted 2.2 you would have to root out of 2.0.1 which means you would have to flash .sbf to get back to 2.0.1. Droid 2.0.1 SBF - How to go back to 2.0.1 from 2.1

Now if you go straight to Froyo you don't have to take that back step first. You just install Froyo using SPRecovery and it will root your Droid for you. But you would be at 2.2.

There is no way just to root from 2.1 that I know of.
  3. NYZ93

NYZ93 New Member

Ok i think i understood

i want to go straight to 2.2 i want froyo BB

what steps do i take??