Quick Question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by HaRaJuKu_DrOiD©, Mar 27, 2011.

1. HaRaJuKu_DrOiD©

HaRaJuKu_DrOiD© Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I have a rooted D1 on UD 3.1.1. and somehow my sd card broke and now I have bought a new one. My question is am I going to have to reroot and install a new sprecovey because of the new memory card? Also is root going to still work if I have Gingerbread installed?? Please and thank you:)

2. swizzcheez

swizzcheez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You shouldn't have to reroot because the root is on the phone memory. BUT you will have to reinstall EVERYTHING else like SU and all your apps. I keep everything that I've DL'd on my PC so IF something happens, I can just restore once I've fixed the problem. I guess once in a while it wouldn't hurt to Do a back-up and transfer it to a folder on my PC. Good Luck and let us know how it turns out.

3. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +13
    Why would u need to reinstall everything? Apps install to data on the phone memory unless u move them to the sdcard some apps save data to the sdcard but not all a lot of ur apps may not function correctly because of the missing sd data but half of ur apps will be fine and u won't notice a difference

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. swizzcheez

swizzcheez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Correction made.

5. HaRaJuKu_DrOiD©

HaRaJuKu_DrOiD© Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay thank you guys. I will probably try it out when my memory card comes. I thought i was sol for a minute;)

6. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    You probably will have to reinstall SU, anything you downloaded from the Market though is also kept in the android_secure folder. If you didn't install it from the market then yes you will have to reinstall it.

7. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +13
    The only apps kept in the android_secure folder on the sdcard are ones you've moved to sdcard like in managing applications and if you installed apps to your phone not from the market through like adb or whatever it only depends where they are installed. some of your apps you won't see a difference some may need the sdcard and you will it all just depends on where the apps were installed and if the specific app used the memory card for data storage which some do and some don't