Quick question....Roms for D3

Reaction score
Ok, so my wife finally let me root and play with her D3. Problem is, I am used to my RAZR and the Roms being very specific. For example, the RAZR had gone from 6.11.744 to 6.11.748 to 6.12.173 and every custom rom was specifically built for each ota. The op would tell you what system you had to be on.

For the D3, I am noticing that none of the threads for roms talk about what system the phone needs to be on. Should I assume that all current roms are built to run on the current official version 890 or is there something different about the D3 that you can flash roms over any system?

Including the leaks.... are any of the leaks worth it? Keep in mind, my wife plans to upgrade in two months to a 4g so I really don't care if flashing a leak can't be reverted back to the upgrade path as long as the leak is worth it for battery or data improvements.

Thanks for anyone who chimes in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

olorolo

Reaction score
Ok, so my wife finally let me root and play with her D3. Problem is, I am used to my RAZR and the Roms being very specific. For example, the RAZR had gone from 6.11.744 to 6.11.748 to 6.12.173 and every custom rom was specifically built for each ota. The op would tell you what system you had to be on.<br />
<br />
For the D3, I am noticing that none of the threads for roms talk about what system the phone needs to be on. Should I assume that all current roms are built to run on the current official version 890 or is there something different about the D3 that you can flash roms over any system? <br />
<br />
Including the leaks.... are any of the leaks worth it? Keep in mind, my wife plans to upgrade in two months to a 4g so I really don't care if flashing a leak can't be reverted back to the upgrade path as long as the leak is worth it for battery or data improvements.<br />
<br />
Thanks for anyone who chimes in.<br />
<br />
<br />
Roll with 890 and flash away the updates are having problems with custom roms

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
Roll with 890 and flash away the updates are having problems with custom roms

Thanks for the quick response. Just wanted to make sure before I jump in and get my wife mad at me if I turn her phone into a brick.

olorolo

Reaction score
I hear that, root then use safestrap and toggle safemode then flash away after you do your nandroid

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
Rooted and safestrapped last night. Figured as long as I am in safe mode I can experiment. Problem I ran into was that I flashed mav 3.5 in safe mode and when I try to restore her apps, they won't restore. Rom toolbox can't find them even though I point it in the right direction and I can see the backups when I use a file manager. Also, my backup pro fails to restore.

I never had that problem with my razr while using safestrap. Can't figure that out. Any ideas?

If I couldn't get that to work I was going to just remove safe strap and use bootstrap to flash...... after a nand of course.

olorolo

Reaction score
Rooted and safestrapped last night. Figured as long as I am in safe mode I can experiment. Problem I ran into was that I flashed mav 3.5 in safe mode and when I try to restore her apps, they won't restore. Rom toolbox can't find them even though I point it in the right direction and I can see the backups when I use a file manager. Also, my backup pro fails to restore.

I never had that problem with my razr while using safestrap. Can't figure that out. Any ideas?

If I couldn't get that to work I was going to just remove safe strap and use bootstrap to flash...... after a nand of course.

Are you backing up online? Thats what I do when I do it but I noticed that restoring apps with any app sometimes I get corruptions so I use superbox to manually restore also are you sear hing internal or external SD?

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
Are you backing up online? Thats what I do when I do it but I noticed that restoring apps with any app sometimes I get corruptions so I use superbox to manually restore also are you sear hing internal or external SD?

I actually never tried the online option so I guess I could try that. Never heard of super box. I tried backing up on both internal and external, even transferred it to my computer via usb and pasting back onto sd card after flashing. Nothing had worked as easily as I am used to. Going to try online backup when she gets home.

I feel like a noob on her phone. I have been rooting and flashing since the og D1, X, Bionic, and my RAZR, and her D3 had actually caused me the most headaches. Lol.

olorolo

Reaction score
no problem that's what the android community is all about ...suck on that iphone