quick question. please reply

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
Hi i have a motorola droid with android 2.1. I was just wondering after your screen turns off due to inactivity or you press the power button to shut the screen off and then press the power button again to wake up the phone, are the 4 main buttons ALWAYS suppose to light up. The reason i ask is sometimes it turns on and sometimes it doesnt. My wife swears its defective but both phones do the same thing but supposively her coworkers turns on all the time. Can someone give me a concrete answer please. Thank you

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
10 times in a row: power off, 4 softkeys go off. Power on, 4 softkeys turn on.

Welcome to the forums here. First time I've seen that question:)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
only if it's dark will the bottom row light up......

I'm on Froyo right now but if I'm not mistaken they only light up when it's dark also on 2.1.

Could be wrong though. Apologies I can't give you a definitive answer but again I'm not running 2.1

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Walked over to a lamp, turned it on...under a bright light:

10 times in a row, power off, softkeys off. Power on, softkeys lit up.

But I am on a rooted SG 6.0 rom.

If I wear out my power button in this thread, someone owes me a new button!

OP
K

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
Wow thank you all for the quick response. I dont have a rom droid. Just bought it 2 weeks ago and i love it. It just seems like my wife it out there to find things wrong with her phone and its irritating. I tried on and off in a bright area and once in awhile the light turns on for the 4 keys so i dont know if thats normal

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Swing by the store and compare it to the demo or one of the salesperson's. If it acts differently, return it for a new one. The phone is great but it doesn't mean every single one of them is perfect.