Quick Question need clearing up

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Deano2423, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Deano2423

Deano2423 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have sholes latest release, (before droid mod) and I was thinking of uninstalling it.

1. This is just done through the updater right?
    2. I'll still be rooted afterward right?

Then my last question is, is it feasible to then remain rooted and use Home++ instead of a rom? Would I lose any functionality that I have now?

Thanks a ton!
  2. pthance

pthance Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd say for what you are looking for, to be rooted with no custom ROM, is quite easy and feasible. Your quickest route to this would be to download the DM Updater from DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does.. You would use this to flash the stock ROM (this is an out of the box no root, no extra goodies, back to old stock droid). Once you have stock flashed you would use the DM Updater to download and install the root update.zip again. Apply the update.zip per the updaters instructions and you will be nothing but pure root access.

And yes, you can be rooted with Home++ instead of a ROM, you can use Home++ without root as well. The functionality you are going to loose is a lot of the 2.1 apps that most ROMs have pre-installed, and other random goodies. You can always manually install these though as long as you are rooted.
  3. Deano2423

Deano2423 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool thanks, glad droidmod makes it easy to go back to stock. One other thing, would it be feasible to keep droidmod and still run home++ or would I be using a lot of "power/processor" to run a rom and a home screen (even if only 1 was showing).