1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

quick question from a newbie rooter

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jcleav, Mar 25, 2010.

1. jcleav

jcleav New Member

ok, so i rooted my phone and put smoked glass v4.0 on it...i followed droidreview's instructions on these videos:

I'm overclocking at 950 using setcpu

so i have the 2.1 features like 3d launcher, speech to text, pinch to zoom, the new gallery, etc...but it says that it's still firmware 2.0.1 (buld number ESD56, baseband version C_01.3E.01P, kernal version 2.6.29-omap1-hgb9fcbc3e35d9-dirtywalter@lanbox #50) I dont know what all that means.

on top of that im having problems loading widgets, lots of force closes on simple actions, generally laggy...although at times it runs great.

sooooooo, i think i want to change to a new rom, unless that's not the issue...but how would i go about doing that?? do i just download the files, put them in the nandroid folder and do the reboot+X thing??? or do i have to do more?? if anybody could point me to a youtube link or something that could help me try new roms from the point i'm already at...

also, i hear about roms and themes and kernels and all this stuff...is all that downloaded seperately or are they packaged???

thanks a lot!!